What color is your breast milk?

wamommy

4 little monkeys!
Reaction score
:blush: I'm embarrassed to ask, but REALLY want to know!!

I combi feed, and the pump first thing in the morning each day. Lately I've noticed that the color of my milk has gone from a cream/ivory color to a greenish grey. It's too weird and slightly unsettling. Is this normal?? :blush:

I can't say mine ever went that colour, are your boobs sore as this could be discharge from your boobs? Don't hold me to that though, I've just never experienced milk like that and I combi fed and expressed myself and it was always creamy yellow. If you're concerned then I'd speak to a health visitor or your Dr, just to be on the safe side.

Mine usually has a very faint blue or green tinge to it, kind of like the milk left in a bowl of Lucky Charms :haha: I think most colors are normal, I wouldn't be worried about it.

Mine is white/cream colored but if I have a bottle with designs on it, the milk picks up some of those colors and looks different. Maybe that is what is happening?

Mine will be a white creamy color but once it starts to separate the part at the bottom takes on a bluish tint while the cream at the top is white... maybe there isn't a lot of fat in it so not a lot of cream

I heard that breastmilk can be a range of colours. No idea why but I think it's normal.

Thanks, ladies! The lucky charms analogy was a good one. It's not bright green or anything, just slightly tinted. I'm glad it's pretty normal :D

As far as I know foremilk has a blueish tinge while hind milk is more creamy. Maybe you just have more foremilk?

They say if you eat a lot of green leafy veggies your milk can be green. But mine sometimes has a bluish grey/green tint!

Mine is primarily white with a pearly tint to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->