what contraception do you use? Do you feel 'safe' with your method? Please answer! :)

utterbubble

Reaction score
Sorry for posting here i know its probably in the wrong spot but...

Just wanting some advice ladies about the contraception your using!

Personally i hate hormonal contraception and stopped taking the pill when we were TTC since having my little girl we have just used condoms, but it freaks me out big time since we only want the one!!
What do you use? Have you ever had an Opps moment? Please answer especially couples that just use condoms, how do you feel just using them, do you feel they only work as good as the people using them etc..?
Hormonal methods make me depressed and anxious so i'm not willing to use them.

Any advice appreciated :)

Let me know your experiences ladies and opinions about the best methods of contraception, what works for you and what doesn't!

Also to people who use Natural family planning have you ever used the standard days method? thanks :D

Hmmm we use the pull out method... I still haven't got a docs appt to get back on my pill :/ i always have a little worry to myself until I come on my period. I dont trust it at all but we get to carried away in the moment :cloud9: Tbf, we wouldn't be disappointed if I do get pregnant as we do want another, it would just be a year to soon ;)

Before pregnancy, I didn't use and birth control - probably why I now have two little girls! :haha: After my twins were born, I had a Mirena and took it out after 3 weeks due to constant bleeding. I then got a Depo Provera shot. As of right now, I've been bleeding for 38 days. So next I'll be trying the mini pill...

I'm thinking about the coil. I haven't had a period yet and am bf so have been chancing it. I'm terrible at the pill and the implant sends me loopy. Hate condoms.

I was using condoms or pull out but just didn't feel safe paniced all the time lol. I've got the implant in now, I had it before I got pregnant with my little girl and got pregnant 1 month after having it removed. I can't stand the pill and the thought of the coil makes me shudder. Xx

i dont trust condoms, dont really know why. currently using cerazette, trust its efficiency but worry i will forget to take it. want to use depo provera but have heard terrible things about it. hate the idea of a coil and worry about implant, as if i have horrible side effects its pretty permanent... so i dont know either really

I use Mirena, but I'm getting it out on Monday. Main reason being that it's making it impossible to lose weight! Stupid hormones :( Other than that, I love it and I feel very safe with it. But a non-hormonal option for IUD would be Paragard, and it lasts up to 10 years. It's nice because you don't have to think about it, ever!

Hmmm we use the pull out method... I still haven't got a docs appt to get back on my pill :/ i always have a little worry to myself until I come on my period. I dont trust it at all but we get to carried away in the moment :cloud9: Tbf, we wouldn't be disappointed if I do get pregnant as we do want another, it would just be a year to soon ;)

I've got a 2 yr old from the pull out method!!:wacko:

I track and avoid. Can't handle hormonal stuff and nothing artificial is going inside of me. I'm too tired to think of sex anyway so it works for us.

Oh was supposed to be getting a vasectomy after Owen was born but he chickened out.I was sick of the headaches and other symptoms the hormonal bc gave me so we just use condoms for now.Its a bit annoying but used correctly I do trust them.We had a couple of close calls with cheaper ones so only buy top brand ones now to be on the safe side.

We just use condoms and I completely trust them..except this thread has made me doubt them :haha:

I never had any problems with just condoms in my previous relationship and that was the only method we used. With my partner now, we don't use them and I used to use the mini pill but since having my first daughter, my body started to fight it - hormones eh! - so I ended up with 2 bleeds, a real one and a pill one. I decided that wasn't good for my body so came off it. We did the withdrawal method once and hey presto we now have a beautiful 2nd daughter, just gone 2 weeks old. We were planning on TTC in the future so it was 'if it will be it will be' moment when we decided to do it. I can't actually believe it happened so quickly mind since I was just off the pill and my hormones had been haywire. I need to see what my best option is and speak to the dr as I don't want to go back on the pill but am certainly happy with 2 littlies now. They do say, use 2 forms of contraception with a condom being one of them.

Gah!!! :dohh: I'll best get to the doctors...........

My nephew is a broken condom baby! And we are using the condoms till I ovulate, then pull out after (because I can never have it right down to the day). I will go back on the pill when I'm done pumping.

I have the nexplanon implant and love it. Hormones arent wacky, and I don't have to worry about it. Plus fertility returns quickly once its removed!

Gah!!! :dohh: I'll best get to the doctors...........

hmm also using the pull out method! Was fine for over a year after my first and then we tried properly for our second. Obviously i know it is not a very secure method and would not be doing it like this if i was 100% i didn't want any more!

I'm getting Paraguard on Friday as I want something hormone free that I don't need to remember to take and will allow us to get carried away in the moment. It will last until my DH and I decide if we want to try for a third or not (up to 10 years). It's 100% covered by our insurance too which is great.

I always forget my pill.
I use just condom now, I was going to get the plastic coil, the one with no hormones. But I've heard it can make you infertile (only if it inbeds itself in your uterus) and I don't want to chance it as me and OH are going to try for a baby once I have finished college.
I was on the pill after I had my son, and was so scared that I was pregnant. Condoms are the only type of contraception I actually trust.

Good old fashioned condoms. Did fine on the pill but took almost 2 years to concieve after coming off. No more hormones going in my body. Anytime soon for sure. Condoms are crap tho, i do worry a little but more than that it is a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->