what contraception do you use? Do you feel 'safe' with your method? Please answer! :)

Pull-out method and prayer :haha:. We've been using this method for almost 17 months and it seems to work out fine for us :)

This is the most stupid thing but... I got pregnant using both the pill and condoms with ex. Sadly we lost the baby.

Ironically after that it took 6m of trying for Dd and 7m for ds with oh, yet I'm still not comfy with condoms alone (I am so much more forgetful after kids I won't do the pill, I can't even get my normal medication right). I'm off to get the coil soon.

I have the paragaurd (copper) IUD.
I feel as protected as I can get! Lol

Condoms for us until DH gets the snip. I hate using condoms, so I couldn't use them as a long term solution!

My LO was conceived while I was on the pill. After he was born, we used the pill and condoms. Now we use nothing as we're TTC. After we have our second child, my husband has agreed to get the snip so I don't have to go back on birth control.

DH got snipped when LO was a week old. We use condoms and the pull out method up until he got the go-ahead from the doctor (which was monday) Unfortunantly, AF decided to show up, so we have yet to get to DTD since he got the all clear. Hes bugging me like crazy though :haha:

As far as trusting it... I mean.. its still in the back of my mind, especially since he got the go ahead hes not going to want to pull out. I think for the rest of my fertile life (lol) it will be in the back of my mind that "what if" one little swimmer got through LOL

I use abstinence, lol. Can't be bothered with sex at all anymore, poor hubby.

But really, the once in a blue moon that I cave, we use pull out. We've used pull out for 6 years with no problems so I trust it, but it is really dependent on the guy knowing his body and getting the timing right.

I had the implanon prior to LO I will be getting the nexplanon at my 6 week appointment. I want to trust it but i'm so terrified because LO was a opps after being told I could never get pregnant

We use the pull out method. I had a horrible time conceiving after birth control and I am too scared to go back onto bc. I get nervous sometimes but It worked for us for 5 years before we had DD.

Pull out method for now while I'm EBF. Then we're going to talk to my midwife about fertility monitoring plus maybe a diaphragm because I won't go on hormonal methods again. They all suck!

Pull out method for us. We always have (7 year relationship).

We used pull out for 5 years, stopped to TTC. Conceived LO. Back to pull out. I really do trust it but I have a paranoid DH. Before TTC, he was so paranoid that he never had a slip up in 5 years. Now that we have TTC and have a LO, he has relaxed a lot about it and if I tell him it's okay then he doesn't worry (like tonight, my AF is due in 3 days and I know exactly when I ovulated so I said it was okay). I think we are only doing this though because we are planning on TTC#2 in July. 3 months early wouldn't make a huge difference to us.

I have the Implanon and I love it. No problems and no scares in the year that I have had it in. I am horrible at pills and IUD' s scare me. I have heard to many horror stories!

Before ds1 was born we used the pull out method (1 year) then stopped to ttc. After ds1 was born I was too petrified to have sex again so waited 3 months and was ready for another baby (poor hubby) so we ttc again got pregnant. Now ds2 is born we are currently using condoms till my body returns back to normal. I'm worried about the pull out method for the time being as I'm paranoid that because women are extremely fertile after giving birth, the pull out method will fail and we don't want another baby so we are taking precaution. In few months time we will return to the PO method as condoms are expensive and annoying lol

I use the "dont bother doing anything cos im too tired" method and its very safe :) Before this, i had the implanon implant and also felt very safe cos i didnt have any periods at all, it was fantastic. When im done having little ones im having the coil cos it lasts a long time.. or if i end up with a section with my last child, ill get sterilised at the same time.

I had to be taken off the pill many years ago as I kept bleeding on them. Am allergic to latex (plus dont like condoms, they are fine for flings but not now I'm married) so I had a copper T coil put in (no hormone). Main reason being once it comes out you can start TTC straight away, and I have no patience :haha:

Had it for 5 years and it was brilliant. Also gave me time to get hormones from the pill out of my system. When it came out I caught pretty soon (we were TTC).

So now had another one put in and will have it taken out in a couple of years. I am more than happy with them, which is odd as I always thought I would hate them!

Amazed by the number of couples using pull out successfully - I'd be way too scared!

We use condoms now. I had been on the pill for about 15 years before ttc. Mini pill for 3 years of that. Didnt realise until I came off them that they had had a major impact on my mood and I'd developed anxiety while on the mini pill. Never will go on them again. Mentioned it to the midwife when I was pg and she said she's heard of quite a few women affected by the progesterone. Also it wiped out my libido fully.

I'm so much happier now but wish there was a better non hormonal contraception available. But I trust condoms and have no major worries.

I'm on the pill, and to be honest I don't trust it, every month I'm on edge hoping my period is going to come! :haha: I've heard so many people that it's failed for. It wouldn't be a bad thing if I got pregnant again, I'd just rather wait until LO was a bit older before having #2.
I did have the implant but got it removed because I was bleeding and having bad stomach cramps and I'd had enough.

I was on the pill for years but have just come off it. I've had enough of feeling anxious and sick, I feel so much better off it. At the moment I'm using the exhausted and constantly ill so not even going near OH method, which is 100% effective but if sex drives even comes back it will be condoms until OH gets the snip. We have used condoms when we first met and had no issues and I trust them just as much as I do any other method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->