what contraception do you use? Do you feel 'safe' with your method? Please answer! :)

We are planning on DH getting the old snip snip. We will have three under three, so this is our limit. I have a plethora of medical conditions that need addressed. As well as the fact that I shouldn't get pregnant ever again bc of them. So we really cannot have an accident. So he is getting fixed. I'm going to BF. I never ovulate whilst BFing. But he is getting fixed before this baby arrives. I'm going to get the Mirena IUD once my cycles finally return. It's more for less bleeding and less pain during my period than anything. I have a progesterone deficiency and estrogen dominance as well as endometriosis so for me I'm more getting the IUD for health reasons than for pregnancy prevention. DH is getting fixed even though I intend on using the Mirena simply bc we philosophically and spiritually do not agree w the way Mirena works as far as contraception goes. (I'm not passing any judgement on anyone that uses this form of BC, its just a personal thing for us).

Prior to having kids I was on the pill. I regret being on it. It was nice bc my skin didn't break out often and my periods were much more lighter and not nearly as painful nor did they last that long plus they were predictable. But I will never go back in the pill again since learning about having estrogen dominance and also since I've done more research about how it *really* works, which doesn't line up with our personal perspective.

I have an issue with latex also. In the past, when I wasn't on the pill or pregnant (like when nursing) we have used lamb skin condoms. Which DH doesn't like so we switched to polyurethane which is a wonderful option when u have an issue w rubbers

After ds1 I used the diaphragm with spermicidal lube and paired that with watching CM,CP and all of that. I did purchase a lady comp after DS2 but bc my cycles aren't normal I was always afraid to rely on it. Ever since 11th grade sex Ed, I can't trust pull out method :haha: gosh high school sex Ed sure has a way of making u think ur gonna get knocked up if as much look at a man :haha:

I'm on Depo which I can't stand - everything was fine for ages and now I keep having periods almost every week... So I'm going on Cerazette. I can't take a combined pill due to medication making it less effective. The mini-pill apparently works fine... so soon I'll be on this.

I'm excited for the fact that when I want to NTNP I can just stop and possibly concieve quickly, rather than worry about my periods coming back etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->