What could be affecting my supply!? Stumped!

Wugz22

Reaction score
I've been back to work for over 3 weeks now and pumping almost exclusively (night feeds are still at the breast). My supply has been able to support all his day time feeds and even usually some to freeze every other day or so. Yesterday I pumped my typical 40 oz. But today, I've done nothing differently than any other day over the last 3 weeks and I've barely produced 25 oz! I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what could have caused it!? If this keeps up, I don't know what I'll do!

I've been back to work for over 3 weeks now and pumping almost exclusively (night feeds are still at the breast). My supply has been able to support all his day time feeds and even usually some to freeze every other day or so. Yesterday I pumped my typical 40 oz. But today, I've done nothing differently than any other day over the last 3 weeks and I've barely produced 25 oz! I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what could have caused it!? If this keeps up, I don't know what I'll do!

Maybe try pumping at work to increase supply i know employers should let nursing mums do their thing :) just try pumping as much as u can and they will make more xx good luck xx

Has AF returned? On the day before, the day of, and the day after the first day of your period your supply tends to plummet. I found that out the hard way when AF returned at 3.5months pp with no warning of it returning.

Either that or could you be coming down with a cold?

I was also going to blame hormones. If it is AF causing the reduction in milk then it should go back to normal very soon. I'd just keep expressing regularly and try to relax for now.

Yes, that could definitely be it! The morning after I posted this, I woke up to really light spotting. So I assumed AF must be the cause. But there has been no spotting since (now 2 nights later). I'm stumped again? Is the first AF postpartum super light? Or maybe its still on its way? DH and I DTD a little over a week ago, so the slight thought of implantation bleeding crossed my mind. But the chances of that happening have to be slim; it is the ONLY time we've DTD without protection since baby was born… it couldn't have been at the exact time of ovulation. No way, right?!?!

My first AF was a monster of an AF, heavy and super painful. Although, that won't be the case for everyone.

I'd also suggest taking a pregnancy test in a couple of weeks time. I know of quite a few people recently who have conceived withing 3m of giving birth. One of these ladies only dtd the once, and it just happened to be during ovulation. She's now 3.5m pregnant with a 6.5m old. It can happen.

My first couple of AFs have been much lighter than pre preg. I'd take a test if you think you might be but maybe see what happens over the next few days. Another thing that happens to me when AF is on the was is that feeding becomes quite sore for about a week before hand. Have you had that at all?

Yes, I have definitely notices my nipples being sore after feeding this week! It's like the first few weeks of BF all over again... But still no AF?!!?!?? What is up? I took a preggo test today at lunch b/c I got myself all worked up. Negative...

I wish I could go back to temping and charting so I would know where I am in my cycle, but LO is still waking 1-2 times a night so I would never get a consistent nights sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->