what could help? :(

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by steph.4192, Nov 14, 2011.

1. steph.4192

steph.4192 Well-Known Member

My LO has gotten a nappy rash and its getting worse, ive tried a few things and cornflour seems to help it a bit but it doesnt fully go away.

and i also think he has conjunctivitus, his eye in the corner is red(on the white part) and it was just leaking a yellowy coloured liquid.

What could help his nappy rash?
    Does he have conjuctivitus?
    And what could help if he does??

2. Mrshoffie

Mrshoffie Well-Known Member

Maybe the two are linked? Perhaps a trip to the docs tomorrow? X

3. Lettuce

Lettuce Getting better at this...

Hi Hun, plenty of nappy off time, and a barrier cream for the nappy rash, only using plain water and cotton wool to wash him. I've heard they can get sore bottoms if they are teething.
    As for the eye, has it just become this way? id take him to the doctors as they'll check if it's infected or not. While you're waiting, wipe the eye with cooled boiled water and some cotton wool, one piece per wipe, from inside of the eye to out.
    Hope it all clears up soon for him. Xx

4. Newbieplusone

Newbieplusone Well-Known Member

We used water, cotton wool and plenty of nappy free time and a cream called Metanium - you can get it from Boots and it's fab! :) x

5. steph.4192

steph.4192 Well-Known Member

Yeah, my mum said to used warm salt water(very little salt) for his eyes and i just tried washing with warm water and cotton wool on his rash, i probably wont be able to get to the doctors until like next week :S they are always booked out here so ill just keep trying these until i can get in

6. maddog37

maddog37 Well-Known Member

Nappy free time as much as possible. If the diaper rash cream isn't working, you can try calendula cream. If you'd like, lemme know and I can look up the name of a diaper rash cream someone recommended me. When LO had really bad diaper rash, I used a sample of that cream as it was the only thing that worked, even though I was giving nappy free time twice a day at the time.

7. Lettuce

Lettuce Getting better at this...

When you phone the doctors say it s for your baby and it's urgent! They usually keep some appointments free each day for emergencies/urgent cases.