what could help? :(

steph.4192

Reaction score
My LO has gotten a nappy rash and its getting worse, ive tried a few things and cornflour seems to help it a bit but it doesnt fully go away.

and i also think he has conjunctivitus, his eye in the corner is red(on the white part) and it was just leaking a yellowy coloured liquid.

What could help his nappy rash?
Does he have conjuctivitus?
And what could help if he does??

Maybe the two are linked? Perhaps a trip to the docs tomorrow? X

Hi Hun, plenty of nappy off time, and a barrier cream for the nappy rash, only using plain water and cotton wool to wash him. I've heard they can get sore bottoms if they are teething.
As for the eye, has it just become this way? id take him to the doctors as they'll check if it's infected or not. While you're waiting, wipe the eye with cooled boiled water and some cotton wool, one piece per wipe, from inside of the eye to out.
Hope it all clears up soon for him. Xx

We used water, cotton wool and plenty of nappy free time and a cream called Metanium - you can get it from Boots and it's fab! :) x

Yeah, my mum said to used warm salt water(very little salt) for his eyes and i just tried washing with warm water and cotton wool on his rash, i probably wont be able to get to the doctors until like next week :S they are always booked out here so ill just keep trying these until i can get in

Nappy free time as much as possible. If the diaper rash cream isn't working, you can try calendula cream. If you'd like, lemme know and I can look up the name of a diaper rash cream someone recommended me. When LO had really bad diaper rash, I used a sample of that cream as it was the only thing that worked, even though I was giving nappy free time twice a day at the time.

When you phone the doctors say it s for your baby and it's urgent! They usually keep some appointments free each day for emergencies/urgent cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->