What could this be?

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
Hi ladies, very glad to be able to post in this section again, DS hasn't BF'ed for almost a year and I've missed it!
I could really use some advice. DD is just over 2 weeks old. Feeding started out fine; she lost quite a bit of weight at first but put it on nicely and was feeding well and often :thumbup:. However about a week ago she started being sick after feeds- vomiting up all of the milk she'd drunk :(. She also started getting very upset on the breast, crying and getting really cross. It just seems to be getting worse, she is sick every time she feeds and I'm sure she's losing weight :(.
I'll be taking her to the doctor on Tuesday but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea of what might be wrong and what I could do to help her?

Could be reflux. Isaac was like this for a couple weeks and gaviscon helped.

Sounds like reflux sounds much like my eldest. Also though it is rare there are some more serious conditions that would mean sicking up whole feeds and being distressed so it is important to get it checked xx

Its probably reflux, but if she's throwing up everything every feed maybe also read up on pyloric stenosis. I don't want to worry you, and its far more common in boys but maybe read up and if you are concerned ask on tues. My hubby had it as a baby which its why I know about it. Let us know how you get on x

Thought I'd update! :). I took DD to the doctor, who sent us to A&E as he was concerned about the amount DD was throwing up, the fact there was mucous in her vomit and her general demeanour (she was either asleep or crying). We spent hours at the paediatric assessment unit, DD had lots of tests and they were concerned that she might have GBS (I had it and only got 1 dose of antibiotics in labour). But everything came back fine and they have said its most likely severe reflux. She's on a ton of medicine but already she's like a different baby :D. She will sleep lying down, she doesn't scream when she feeds and she doesn't cry all the time :D. The doctor was very supportive of me carrying on BFing and showed me how to mix up her medicine with breast milk :).
Thanks for your advice ladies :hugs:

I'm really glad to hear that you got a diagnosis and that you have so promptly been prescribed medication to help! Hope LO is feeling much better soon! Xx

My dd1 had it she ended up growing out of it in her first yr!

Very glad to hear all is on the mend with your LO hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->