What day did I ovulate?

Lkg

Reaction score
So this is my first cycle after miscarrying at 5+5. We got given the go ahead to start trying again straight away so I started temping. It's felt like forever since it happened and I think I've finally ovulated. Can anyone help in tell me which day as I'm not sure we BD early enough. Is it cycle day 23 or 24? I didn't think I had actually ovulated as I didn't have as much cm as usual but I did notice my cervical position change.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 17
So I took my temperature this morning and it has dropped dramatically....not really sure why this would happen. Anyone had any insight : s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
I would have guessed CD24 but today's temp really confuses things. You could have a fall back rise, which complicates things. You need 3 days of temps over your cover line and today's temp throws that off a bit.

Was there anything that could make today's temp a little off?

Can you post a pic that shows the whole cycle? That would give a better idea of the cover lne.

Thanks for responding. No nothing that would change the temperature...I don't think. If it's not ovulation why would my temp have increased that much? Also what is a fall back rise and why does it make it complicated? I have uploaded the full cycle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 6
Also I did wake up with a cold and blocked nose this morning but I thought that would have raised my temp if anything?

Definitely CD23 or 24. The drop in temp doesn't concern me. Sometimes after O there's an estrogen surge and its called a fallback rise. As long as the temp doesn't drop more than .3 degrees I would say you're pretty safe. You should be back up tomorrow or the next day.

A blocked nose or cold may have caused you to mouth breathe which would have lowered your temperature, not raised it. I mouth breathe all the time and have to sit with my mouth closed for about 5 minutes before I take my temp otherwise it will be inaccurate. Of course I don't move or wait like 10 minutes or more.

Hope this helps!

Yes that's great thanks. I mean that can be the only option as I did had 4 temp increases so I must have ovulated! Hopefully it goes back up but my cold is really bad tonight and I can't breathe.

I stare at temp charts all day. Its been 10 years of TTC so I'm pretty good at it lol

You definitely ovulated IMO. Nice, strong temp increase. Unless your temp dropped and stayed low over the next two days I would feel pretty confident about it. Remember to try and sit with your mouth closed for a few minutes at waking before you temp if you find that you have had your mouth open.

What about your CM? Did you dry up or have EWCM? I'm sorry but I can't tell from your chart and those are also great indicators to help determine O.

Also, FF has free charting software that may be easier to interpret if you'd like to use it. By now you would have gotten crosshairs.

I did have ewcm but not as much as normal and it's completely gone now. I did notice my cervix move aswell. I did think maybe my hormones are all over the place because of the miscarriage but it's been a month of temping for this increase to happen and my previous temps have been quite steady!

..so be attached my chart showing this mornings temp and it did go back up....however with this cold I've had a terrible nights sleep. I woke up around 2.30 to go to the bathroom and then woke up at 5am which is when I took my temp. Also my mouth wasn't closed the entire time I was taking my temp as I was struggling to breathe. So I'm not entirely sure today tbh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back