what did you do today that was Christmassy?

I did a bit a bit more cross stitching tonight for a Christmas gift for one of ds teachers. I was going to make a start of wrapping the books for the book advent calendar but oh is home and in a miserable mood so figured he would just sick the joy out of wrapping so decided to hold off till tomorrow when he is at work. Plus dd has been up since 9pm. Refusing to sleep, singing( well it's more humming since she doesn't talk) doing spiderman and iron man actions , and checking her brothers asleep. It's going to be a long night.

Yesterday we went to Manchester for the Christmas markets and then sat and made a Christmas playlist on Spotify for the car - it's 60 songs long :haha:
Today has been a miserable one as we were stuck in A&E all evening BUT we did manage to see a few decorated houses on the way home :D
And I bought a couple of Christmas presents earlier.

Yesterday we went to Manchester for the Christmas markets and then sat and made a Christmas playlist on Spotify for the car - it's 60 songs long :haha:
Today has been a miserable one as we were stuck in A&E all evening BUT we did manage to see a few decorated houses on the way home :D
And I bought a couple of Christmas presents earlier.

Hope all is ok after your trip to a&e?

Today I went to Sainsbury's to spend my nectar points. Got Hayden's santa presents (Scooby Doo lego sets) and a Lego Friends set for my niece. Sulked a bit as I wanted to spend all my points on toys, but apparently there is a limit to how many points you can double up in each deprtment. Cheered myself up by getting a voucher for 'seasonal' and buying a pretty, white ceramic light up tree I have had my eye on, but was struggling to justify spending £18 on!

Then this evening, hubby went up in the loft and got out the box with the Advent stockings and Errol the Elf in.

Oh, and watched a little of the Christmas music channel with the kids after tea, and gad a little dance around the living room. The Sainsbury's Mog advert came on and I thought Hayden might cry, he was so sad about the fire. Even the happy ending didn't seem to make him feel better, perhaps will give the book a miss!

We put the tree up!!! And had Christmas music on in the background 😬

Last night I wrapped some books for their book calendar. 25 down. 25 to go.

Dh got Ds4s Christmas jumper yesterday. I can't believe next week the Christmassy things I'll be doing will involve putting the tree up and starting to wrap!

I've been looking for Christmas Day outfits for the family x

I really need to sort all the presents out. I've got dh birthday on the 4th and my family visiting on the 5th and their presents are all mixed in with the gazillion other boxes and packages and bags that are crammed into my bedroom

I managed to persuade DH to be okay with me using a Christmas table cloth on the Thanksgiving dinner table. :) It's red and sparkly but much more seasonally neutral than my other silver and gold tablecloth with ornament print all over it. :haha: So at least my table looks somewhat Christmas-y.

I've just put dh birthday stuff in a gift bag. I adieu prepared my grandad and mum's hubby's box of treats.I decided against baking and just got lots of treat foods instead. The only thing I was going to still do myself was some chocolate trees from a silicone mold. First I couldn't find the little cellophane bags I bought (no idea where they've gone) and decided to melt the chocolate and chill them to set over night and look for the bags tomorrow. But burnt the chocolate so I've just given up on that idea. There's enough other stuff in there and I'm sure I'll find a use for the mold.

Today we picked up a little 3ft tree for Lucas's room, then we went online and picked out some baubles and a couple of Christmassy cushions :D

Re arranged the living room to find a space for the tree only to have it the same way it always is (i wanted it in front of the window but it just doesn't work without new dining table and the kids toys/play area....

Just got in from building snowmen, currently sitting in the living room with the tree and Christmas lights lit up, watching a Christmas movie with a cup of hot chocolate. :) Hopefully going to get around to wrapping a few gifts later this evening!

My children wrote their Christmas letters this is Orion's;

To Santa

I have been a very good boy this year and I will be next year! Please can I have some of these things?

* A high chair
* Sit me up floor seat
* Rattle
* Beat Bo robot
* Stakas
* A little Rudolph

Please can you give Rudolph a hug from me as my middle name is after him?

Love

Orion Rudi

(Aged five months but my sister helped me write this)

My children wrote their Christmas letters this is Orion's;

To Santa

I have been a very good boy this year and I will be next year! Please can I have some of these things?

* A high chair
* Sit me up floor seat
* Rattle
* Beat Bo robot
* Stakas
* A little Rudolph

Please can you give Rudolph a hug from me as my middle name is after him?

Love

Orion Rudi

(Aged five months but my sister helped me write this)

That is unbelievably cute!

We just finished our Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon and now we're sitting around watching Christmas movies and drinking the peppermint hot cocoa DD made.

The tree went up on Sunday, I've had DS2 home yesterday and today unwell. We watched the Grinch and Christmas Spongebob haha

On my own tonight as DH is in Barcelona for work - Going to get the stash out tonight to take pictures and start wrapping :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->