What did you do with your wedding dress?

missk1989

Reaction score
It has been 12 days since we married and my dress is still hung up in the living room. I am going to get it dry cleaned and then I have no idea what to do with it. DH says keep it but I dont know where to put it! I also have my bouquet which I made from artificial flowers and pearls and would like to keep but where?

Congratulations :)

My dress is still hung up in my wardrobe in a zip up dress bag. I want to keep it show the kids when they are older. I think it'll always be in there!

It's at my mums. It has no sentimental value to me, I've heard there are charities you can give them to which I will do when i get round to it

Its in a big sealed tuperware bin...still in its garment bag...im secretly hoping one of my daughters will wear it someday:winkwink:

Not sure mines really worth selling. I got it in a sample sale and had it altered quite a lot. Im quite short so length will likely be a problem for alot of people. I might keep it but it didnt come in a bag or anything so not sure how to store it.:shrug:

When you have it cleaned they will wrap it in tissue and box it.

I think I'm going to sell mine. If my mum had kept hers I think I may have felt obligated to wear it, so this way they have to choose their own!

Mines just in a cupboard i still put it on from time to time :D With my flowers they sit in a champagne bottle on my dresser, mine were also artifical with broches.

I was wondering the same thing. I got married 6 days ago and it needs cleaning and its still hung up in my dining room with my girls bridesmaids dresses. Cant believe how quickly the day went after all the preparation:cry:

Mine's in the loft in a box, not sure what I'm going to do with it... It's not to everyone's taste, so I'm not sure anyone would buy it!

Mine is in a suitcase in a cupboard off the bedroom heh. I made my bouquet out of buttons and felt too - that's sitting on my bookcase.

Even though I'm not with my husband anymore, I'm keeping the dress to show our daughter and keeping the bouquet because I put a lot of hours into it and I still bloody love it!

Mine went back into the bag and into the loft! No plans for it prob still be there in 20 years lol

mine went in the bin. Unfortunately i had lots and lots of ignorant people at my wedding (family members included) who didnt think twice of stomping all over my dress with their dirty, muddy feet even before we had taken all of the photos.

mine went in the bin. Unfortunately i had lots and lots of ignorant people at my wedding (family members included) who didnt think twice of stomping all over my dress with their dirty, muddy feet even before we had taken all of the photos.

Same here. We had an outdoor wedding, and the reception was in a barn at the family farm, so it was already a dirty area. But then I had people stomping on the back of it, which tore holes in the fabric, grass stains, dirt stains, etc. It wasn't worth getting cleaned since it was ruined with all the tears in it.

One of my best friends just donated her dress to a charity that uses the dress to make many gowns for angel babies who don't make it home from the hospital, so they have something special to be buried in. She had lost a daughter at 20 weeks gestation, so it meant a lot to her. I thought that was an amazing use for the dress; made me wish I had saved mine for something like that, as they could have used the decent parts of it still.

Mines wrapped and boxed in the loft. I should sell it really, its not like ill ever wear it again. I've heard of people having them changed into christening gowns but we're not having our children christened. Might sell it soon, I suppose the linger you leave it the less its worth.

Mine is in its ah and in a suitcase with my veil. I wouldn't expect my daughter to wear it but I'm too attached to get rid of it :) xx

Mine's in its bag in my wardrobe but will eventually be put in the loft. I don't really know what to do with it. It needs cleaning because guests whilst hugging me kept spilling their wine over me....!! I couldn't throw it away though.

So funny. I came on here to post this same topic! Mine is 3 yrs old and is still hanging on the back of the door. I had it dry cleaned and ive tried to sell it on ebay a few times with no luck. My main issue is I want to sell it for the money but I feel so guilty. I didn't feel that guilty until I discussed it with a friend and she was fiercely opposed to the selling of wedding dresses and made me think twice. She says she likes to get hers out frequently and look at it and stroke it and kiss it. I have looked at mine maybe once since since we got married and I have no inclination to sit and stroke and kiss it! But she still made me feel bad for wanting to sell mine so I don't know now. It hasn't sold anyway so perhaps its meant to be that I don't sell it????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->