What did you do with your wedding dress?

Mine is in it's box at the bottom of a wardrobe where it's been fir the last two years, really need to get it cleaned and decide whether or not to sell it. Could really use the money and the storage space but at the same time I borrowed my wedding jewellery and veil so it's the only thing I have of my wedding.

I have still got mine in the attic. I'm not very sentimental so I might sell it one day if I get round to it!

6yrs later... it's still hung in my closet. never even had it cleaned! :haha:

I keep thinking I need to have my friend (who does photography) take some "trash the dress" pics- only because it was a cheaper dress I got a fab deal on- so it's not a biggie and who knows if either of my girls would consider using it when they grew up? haha.

I've yet to do it though- but good reminder!!!!! I should book that soon ;)

My dress was pretty expensive (for us anyway) and I meant to sell or donate it. After being stored for a while my husband laid it out on an armchair to remind me to do something about it. My dog decided it was a lovely new bed - slept on and peed all over it (she has a health issue where she leaks in her sleep). So we threw it in the garbage. Sigh...

I donated mine to charity, it only cost me £89 (down from 300 in bhs sale) so there wasn't much point selling it and I didn't want it to just sit in the cupboard. Hopefully someone will buy it and make use of it

I had mine cleaned, wrapped and boxed. I'm keeping it to show Darcey when she's older!

I keep meaning to look into getting an outfit made out of it, but I probably won't, I'll probably give it to the angel babies charity

I've had mine for 6 years, i got it out when we moved to discover a huge orange stain on it so no way that I can sell it, so I'm thinking of taking the beaded top part & some of the satin and making it in to a cousin cover for our bed x

Mine is in the attic. I had mine made to vintage patterns so wouldn't be easy to sell, though I wouldn't want to. I tried it on on our first anniversary but have no inclination to kiss it.

Because I got mine made I have extra fabric which I'd like to get made into a christening gown. I asked my granny what she did with hers and apparently it was normal to cut it up for christening gowns since fabric was so expensive.

I had a fairly simple headband/ jewellery and cream shoes from Coast which I have worn to other peoples weddings. I love thinking they're my 'wedding shoes'

Mine is in the wardrobe in the spare room, got it cleaned after the wedding incase I decided to sell it but haven't the heart to sell it, it brings back such wonderful memories everytime I look at it :hugs:

Currently it's in a trunk which will be loaded into removal van tomorrow evening for moving Friday. It's been in my wardrobe since after the wedding. It's not really a "wedding dress" dress though more a prom style dress, it would never fetch much anyway (didn't cost much in the first place :rofl:) I'd hoped to get use out of it again but who knows. I'll never get rid of it, I also have John's matching bowtie stashed away. And other things which I will never get rid of... it feels weird still being attached to all that stuff esp now i have a new partner but it's part of my life story x

I got my dress dry cleaned straight after I got married and I've had it hanging in my spare bedroom wardroom until about a year ago when I put it in a vacuum sealed bag and put it not the top of my wardrobe. My bouquet is also up there with it as that was made from silk flowers as I always wanted to keep my wedding bouquet.

Tucked away in our under bed storage, I definitely want to keep it

I folded it up as neatly as I could, and stashed it in my "wedding box". It's just a big plastic sealed bin with all the important wedding mementos. I have no ultimate plan for it, maybe take it out every once in awhile and look at it. It's good memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->