What did you feel like before going into labor?

RbnsNCrls02

Growing Bean
Reaction score
For any of you mommies who aren't having your first, do you happen to remember how you felt before going into your previous labors? Would love to hear some stories :)

Thank you!!

With my last pregnancy i felt absolutely nothing! It was a Sunday and i had been out with the dogs and done a bit of shopping. Got my dd to bed at 7.00 ish and sat down with tea. As i stood up i thought my waters went then contractions started, they came thick and fast and i had him just before 10pm. I had had a sweep 4 days earlier and at that point was already 3cm.
I'm hoping for a quick labour again this time but maybe with a bit more warning, i literally felt nothing until my waters went.

I was induced with my first but with my 2nd I felt just fine (well over due and pissy) I think either that day or the day b4 we walked around the mall for a few hrs and dtd that night I joked with dh that I was going to go into labor that night and he'd have to miss work (it was a Sunday and was not taking time off for baby but hospital stay) he said very funny and we went to bed. A little later I woke up with a back ache I took a hot shower then got on my bed on all. 4 to do the back streaches and I felt a snap and I started leaking a little got on my butt so I could stand up (I was nacked this whole time cuz I just got out of the shower :haha:) got up to get dressed saw blood on the bed woke up dh started getting strong contractions like 2 mins apart started yelling at him to hurry woke up bil (thankfully staying the night) to watch dd till my mom got there and hardly made it to the hospital

Yes thank you so much! I can't get enough of this stuff right now. Being a first timer makes
You so unsure of what is going on all of the time!! :)

I was reading back through my journals and threads, and sure enough both times i felt all flu like. Had a headache that wouldn't piss off (not usual for me and i was not pre-e or anything like that). I had body aches like you do with the flu. And was super tired, runny nose, etc. With my first i experienced that about 5 days before my water broke (my water always breaks before labor starts). And it kept on and off (mostly on) until my waters went. With my second it was about 3-5 days before as well. And it got really bad with my second that friday. My water broke saturday morning and oddly enough ALL of my flu like symptoms went away. (Same with DS1).

oh and this could be purely concidental, but the pressure systems (With the weather) have always been right on target and my water would break. Every time there was a pressure system, water broke, and eventually labor started....weird but it was true for me.(and crazy enough this thing was accurate both times) https://www.intellicast.com/Health/Labor.aspx

I felt nothing at all....woke up to pee at 4 am and my waters went in a kind of a drip, drip way....didn't have any contractions until 8pm that night and gave birth at 8 am the next morning.

Oooh stalking this thread, as a FTM I'm finding all the usual late pregnancy aches and pains very confusing!! Is it the start, isnt it.....so frustrating lol!!

Felt nothing. The morning I went into labor I felt completely normal and could've sworn I had another week or two. I started having contractions that evening. No warning at all!

Nothing. I was 11 days overdue and had an induction booked for 14 days overdue.

The night before I went into labour I couldn't sleep and I was just angry and frustrated that everyone else was having their babies and I wasn't. I fell asleep for around an hour and woke up to heavy bleeding and contractions! x

I didn't feel any different the day I went into labour, just had more braxton hicks than usual. Had dinner as normal around 7pm and as soon as I stood up felt a contraction, followed quickly by two further contractions and then my waters popped.
I'd like to say that I quickly delivered my son after that but no...19 hours later he finally arrived!

I felt nothing body-wise before my first contraction, but perhaps a little restless. My mum always described a busy restlessness that comes before going into labour. I started contracting at 2am but didn't manage to sleep before that. Sadly it wasn't a quick labour 24 hours total.

I was induced but labour didn't start immediately.

My labour actually began with very bad diarrhea, bit sicky and achy feelings.

Then waters broke and gushed everywhere. My daughter was born 5 hours later xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"