what do/did you do?

babezone

Reaction score
wat do you guys do with your littleones i am really worryin i like dont do enough with him. i feel like hes in my arms to much but thn i dont no if its the right amount.....wat do/did you guys do with your 2months old ....like he gets ratty after a while layin on the floor etc ???

how much are they in ur arms
oh i dunoo help!? xx

I found it so hard when Alasdair was that age to know what to do! Just rest assured that fairly soon he'll want to play with toys and he'll be easier to 'do' stuff with. I used to put Alasdair in his bouncy chair and just talk to him...it was all very dull!

At 2 months I would play with Chloe in mty arms, put her in her bouncy chair and read/sing/play or lie on the floor with her. She spent most her time with me though

oh thanks i feel better now. lol i just feel like he not gettin the right stimulation jus looks at me as if to say yer and lol wen im tryin to play wit him lol xx

Jacob works in patterns of 2hours (always has) he will wake from nap instead of giving him is bottle straight away we play, because he is only lil he lasts about 5mins with each thing before getting bored so we do like a circuit, we first when he wakes up change his nappy and at this point i take his nappy off and let him kick for a good 5-10mins while singing to him (he loves not having his nappy on) then we have tummy time for a few mins then we get his musical piano out which he used to just stare at the flasing lights but now(last week) he hits the buttons and laughs, then by this time he wants his bottle so he has it and a big cuddle then winded then we go and wash the bottle and put it in the sterlisers at this point he sits in his bumbo, then we go back through and he looks at his cot mobile while i sort out a few things (i.e run about like a headless chicken until he gets bored :rofl:) then we play on my bed and he sits up and speaks to me :) then he lays on his play mat with a light thing over his head while mummy has a much earned cup of coffee, then by this time he starts to get tired so after that we have a cuddle and normally baba starts sucking his hands at this stage i pop his dummy in and he will be asleep within seconds, i wait with him in my arms until he is fast asleep (about 5-10mins) then i put him in his cot and he'll nap for about 30mins-1hr max and we start again. We also go out for 2 walks a day one after morning nap and one after tea with the dogs and he has a bath about 8ish and after that he spends about an hour in my arms before he goes to bed about 9ish :) So the only time he really spends in my arms is when he is sleepy or upset other than that i try to entertain him as much as possible, obviously this changes if were out and about but then he is looking around so that entertains him. We've been playing like this since about 6 weeks old, but i must admit the first few weeks were not that great as he just wasnt interested but since about 8weeks onwards he is great and every week he learns to do new things and we use that when were playing, like he'll shout and me and ill copy the noise he made and shout it back at him and then he'll giggle and do another etc etc :) Hope this helps. XXXX

wow you do loads!!! lol i feel like do nothing now lol xx

When she was 2 months I thought I was doing looooads with her, only now I realize how much more we're doing.

We'd mostly play in her bouncy chair or swing,put her on the bed and play music,cuddle,tickle...place her on her tummy mat and give her a mirror :lol:

Thats the most you can do with them at that age, stimulate them with voices and music.

We cuddle, listen to music, I talk to her, she will play on her play mat while I do a little housework... Jasmine loooves looking in the mirror lol..

I know what you mean. I found it difficult to fill the day with my LO. But now, like Ema says, we have got into a little routine of play. Doing the same things at the same times each day. I let her kick about on her change mat with no nappy while I sing sings and wave toys at her. She has a playmat which she will now sit under for around half an hour. She will also sit in her bouncy chair while I whizz round doing the housework or have a shower. II seem to spend most of my day pulling faces at her and making animal noises to entertain her! We have started to sit and read to her now while she looks at the pictures.

Someone posted a link to a Fisher Price site with lots of ideas for games to play with babies which I found very useful too.

I wouldn't worry about him being in your arms too much. He is still only little and that is where he will be happiest, with his mummy! x

At 2 months I played with Kathryn on my lap, made faces and talked to her in the swing, read to her. I also took her out alot, walking through the mall, supermarket, etc. She loved (and still does) looking around. It's great stimulation for them to be out in different places. She would sleep a lot more them but now she only sleeps in the car when we're out (unless she's really tired). But the older they get the more you can do with them. Kathryn's only a 3 and a half months, but already she can do so much more. She can hold things and play with toys and she smiles and "talks" a lot. So your doing great and it'll get easer to do things as she gets older a can do more physically (more coordinated).

Lexie LOVES her swing. So she's in that alot. But while she's in it, I talk to her, sing. When she's not in her swing, I'll either cuddle her for abit, not to long because I aint getting her used to being picked up. Then I'll put her in her bouncy chair for a bit, she doesnt like that as much. She falls sleep in her swing but will not fall sleep in the bouncy chair. Lol. And my sister who's 3 will play with her to, shows her her toys, and sing to her bless her. :D

I always worried about max being bored so I found this site

https://www.fisher-price.com/fp.asp...p&ccat=play_and_learn&minRelAge=3&maxRelAge=6

and it really helped for fun an games :) as for being in my arms I know this may sound bad btu I try as much as possible to hold him as I know once he is mobile he wont want to and Ill miss it lol

When Noah wakes I normally put his TV on in his room while I run him a bath/make beds and get the days clothes ready & have a wash etc myself!

We come down stairs and noah gets all his toys out and chucks them about for a little while, we have some breakfast. I spend lots of my day running about after Noah stopping him from unplugging things & playing with things he shouldn't - he's in to everything!! He doesn't really sleep in the day so if he gets grouchy I sit him in his pram and put In the night garden (the only thing that makes him chill!) then I run about like a mad woman doing little bits of cleaning. I did used to take him upstairs with me but he ends up throwing things down the stairs and then tries to get down after them! :dohh:

Leeon wont sit still for a minute he wont sit on your knee he wants to be on the floor crawling around screaming and laughing at his toys they get soo independant i cant leave him for a second now so if i want to carry my washing upstairs up he comes with me its a struggle once there mobile bu they easily entertain themselves after about 6 months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->