what do i count as first day of mc??

kazimotto

Reaction score
hello ladies,

can anyone tell me what i would count as my first day of mc? i had a bleed on mothers day, the 14th march, and later found out thats actually when i lost the baby at 5 & half weeks. i had my internal ultrasound on tues past (23rd march), and since then have come on bleeding heavily and clotting, prior to this all i had was that one bleed (no flow or clots or pain) and then brown spotting until i had the scan. now its all kicked off, pain clots and lots of heavy bleeding. so do i count this as the start of my mc or do i count the 14th? its just that i want to know so i can try to work out my next af or if i will ov as i want to start trying again as soon as, the mw and doctor said that was ok as it was an early natural mc. any advice would be greatly appreciated as i have googled it and got so many conflicting answers. thanks in advance ladies. xxx

Sorry for you loss :( I was told by my gynae that you can't count a mc as a period (unless it was a chemical) as it doesn't usually fall in with your cycles so don't get too fixed on that. Perhaps chart and try to keep track of it that way but it definitely sounds like you don't have to wait. I hope you get your sticky bean soon!

hey hunnie im sorry for ur loss here is some big :hugs: for you.
ok im not saying what jolene wrote is wrong its just i find it mad how docs say different things, when i had my natural MC i was told by my doc to count the first day of bleeding as CD1 and i did ask her why....she said when u MC u shed ur whole womb lining just like u would a period so therefore a new cycle will begin, she did say that due to being pregnant just b4 this cycle you can ov earlier than usual due to overies not oving for a while but u should go onto ov as normal, and after each of my MC's even the MMC that i had a DandC for i counted first day of bleeding or first day after DandC as cd1 and oved normally after the bleed, i hope this helps, if u feel unsure do ask a doc huns :hugs:

Hi hun, I think you're right. I've only ever had a MMC which ended in a ERPC and a chemical which was obviously natural. It was after the ERPC (not the actual mc itself) that he said that the day of the ERPC isn't a reliable date for CD1. :blush:

:hugs:

Hi hun, I think you're right. I've only ever had a MMC which ended in a ERPC and a chemical which was obviously natural. It was after the ERPC (not the actual mc itself) that he said that the day of the ERPC isn't a reliable date for CD1. :blush:

:hugs:

i really wish there was one rule and be done with it when it comes to these things, some women may be different but after my ERPC i bled lightly for 1 day which was told was the norm, i counted this day as CD1 (gyne told me to do this as womb had been cleaned right out like after af or even more) i then went onto ov cd13 from the ERPC which was 2 days early or me at that stage, but then iv heard of many women oving weeks and weeks after the erpc so if honest i think it really does differ woman to woman, i would count the first day of the big bleed and clotting as cd1 huns due to fact this is when u would have shed ur lining fully xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->