what do i do?? can i be mean??

bickers

pregnant-2nd Trimester
Reaction score
my boyfriend is hopeless.. iv got 5 weeks left and she still has no name!!!

he only says Nevaeh...whch is 'heaven' spelt backwards as his mom is really religious.. which i do like as its grown on me but i dnt like it shortened at al...... Nev.....Nav... depending how u pronouce it...he makes me think he only wants it for his mom.whch is sweet n i knw he does like it though!

iv loved Freya for years also Ava, Brooke, Harley...

but he doesnt....aaaahhhhhh :wacko: wot do i do?? help me plz.. am i being mean if i say i dont want Nevaeh? but thn i want a name we both like n he doesnt like mine so i feel like it has to be his!! ene more ideas?? i like unusual names... thanks guys x

brooke nevaeh is nice use nevaeh as mn

To be honest I don't really like Nevaeh, and she'll spend rest of her love having to spell it and people pronouncing it wrong!

Ava is a form of Eve so that could be seen as religious? I absolutely love that name and it means 'life' which I thing is so beautiful. Or what about 'Eden'?
Other pretty religious names (pretty in my opinion) is Amaris -promised by god, Angel -messenger of God, Ariel -lion of God, Elisa (or variants of Elizabeth) -God's promise, Gabrielle -heroine of God. Other names from the bible: Carmel (there is an order of nuns called the Carmelites), Damaris and Shiloh (means peace). Hope you reach a compromise!

I don't think you are being mean at all. You're the mother and it's your child AND his (not his mom's). You have every right to dislike a name and not agree to it. I personally can't stand the name Nevaeh and I think the "it's heaven spelled backward" thing is obnoxious. Why not just name your kid Heaven if that's the part that's important to you?

I love the names Freya, Brooke and Ava! Those are all beautiful names!

If the religious part is what is so important to your boyfriend, why not find a nice biblical name you both like? Here are some ideas if you want:

Adah- Means "adornment" in Hebrew. This was the name of the wives of both Lamech and Esau in the Old Testament
Ariel- Means "lion of God" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament it is used as another name for the city of Jerusalem
Eden- Means "place of pleasure" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament the Garden of Eden was the place where the first people, Adam and Eve, lived before they were expelled.
Ivah-From the name of a district of Babylon, mentioned in the Old Testament.
Kezia- Means "cassia" in Hebrew, from the name of the spice tree. In the Old Testament Keziah was a daughter of Job
Leah- In the Old Testament Leah was the first wife of Jacob and the mother of seven of his children.
Magadalene- She was cleaned of evil spirits by Jesus and then remained with him during his ministry, witnessing the crucifixion and the resurrection. She was a popular saint in the Middle Ages, and the name became common then
Moriah- Means "seen by YAHWEH" in Hebrew
Naomi- From the Hebrew name נָעֳמִי (Na'omiy) meaning "pleasantness"
Noa- Hebrew form of NOAH, female form of Noah
Selah- From a Hebrew musical term which occurs many times in the Old Testament Psalms
Tarah- A place name used in some versions of the Old Testament
Tirzah- Means "favourable" in Hebrew

And of course there are traditional biblical names like Mary, Ruth, Lydia, Sarah, Rachel, Rebekah, Miriam, Eve, Hannah, Dinah, Delilah, Judith, Abigail, Anna, Bethany, Deborah

HTH

I like Brooke Nevaeh, get him to compromise! x

i love the names Ava and Eden, those are both my nieces names :)

Just another idea....there are some saints that have very pretty (and unusual) names and would have a religious connection.

Adelina
Alena
Anastasia
Aurelia
Attalia
Ava
Bridget
Camilla
Cecelia
Charity
Eva
Faith
Gemma
Gianna (this is my nieces name and everyone comments on how pretty it is)
Helena
Juliette
Kennera
Leila
Lucy
Melania
Monica
Morwenna
Natalia
Rosalie
Savina
Seraphina
Sofia
Thea
Victoria
Vitalina

I have no idea how to pronounce Nevaeh and I think that'd be a huge problem for your little girl her whole life!

Maybe for a middle name! x

I agree with what everyone else has said up to yet have it as a middle name if you feel like you have to but you shouldnt feel like you have to really and you dont want the problem of not being able to pronoun there name it will drive you insane having to sound it out all the time and spelling it etc

I like Brooke and Ava :)!
there both on my girly list .. Freya is a lovely name aswel though! :]
x

I like your choices Ava and Brooke, maybe Nevaeh as a middle name would be a good compromise like others have said, or even Heaven or Angel as mentioned before, but I certainly dont think that you should agree on a name that you dont really like just to please OH, you both need to agree on a name :winkwink:. I also really like Eden that someone else mentioned, I think its lovely :thumbup:.

I like Freya and Harley! I also like (and religious too...)

Chloe
Eden
Eve
Jada
Julia
Lydia
Naomi
Ruth
Shiloh
Zoe

Do what you love and what feels right... you are the mother after all!

Just thought i would add my bit, my daughter is called Neamh which actually means 'heaven' in Gaelic, but pronounced ' nayve'......just a thought :) x

I'm not keen on Neveah, I just can't see the point in it being spelt backwards or why his mum being religious has anything to do with it because Neveah doesn't have any religious significance does it? You could argue for Elbib in that case, or Raciv or Epop.

I do like Heaven and Angel and also Seraphina (for the cherubim and seraphim) but I really don't think you should have to name your baby to please his mum. Does she even like Neveah anyway or would she prefer a more traditional biblical name like Mary or Eve. Either way, she has had at least one chance of her own to use biblical names or the name Neveah so I think you should chose a name for your own reasons.

I think you have picked some beautiful names, Freya is my favourite from your list but I also like Ava very much. Unfortunately they don't go well with Neveah as a middle name, not the way I think Neveah is pronounced anyway, because they rhyme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->