What do I do with my 2 week old?

Kazzap

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a first time mum and this is totally new and overwhelming to me. I am wondering how I should be 'playing' with my 2 week old? He doesn't do anything! Of course i am feeding, bathing and changing him but he spends so much time asleep - how is best to interact with such a young baby when he is awake?

Just talking to him and making faces is what I used to do at that age :)

I just talk to Renah and stroke her hair and face and stuff and sing to her. When I'm changing her or getting a bottle ready I tell her what I'm doing haha.

i used to talk to jack and cuddle him and sing songs x

Baby massage? it helps relax your baby and good for bonding too :D xx

Talk and cuddle ))) honestly never had chance for massage until he was 1 month, as he slept most of the time ;)

Even now my LO cant exactly 'play' but i talk to him alot when he is awake and make faces and hes starting to open his mouth when you do and poke his tounge out and even a little smile!

Cuddles,kisses,strokes,massages...

I also played music for her,wind her cot mobile,played peek-a-boo or make faces.It mostly has nothing to do toys,just interaction. :)

Like everyone else says a lot of it is just interaction and touching. One thing that I did right from the start though was to move LO's arms and legs when she was on her back. Like bending her knees up to her tummy and straightening them out (run away)and moving her arms up to beside her head (yeah! )and all the way out to the sides (big & little) and then across her chest in a "hug" I did this while talking to her in a singsongy kinda fun voice. Firstly it is good exersise for them as their bodies haven't moved that way when they were in the cramped quarters of your tummy and second it can help for them to be familiar with those movements as doctors will often do those things to check for joint movement ect at checkups. LO will not really like it at the start as they aren't used to it but they will learn not to mind it if you are doing it regularlly and they will like it if you make it a game.

Hi Hun,

Firstly congrats.... just talking n cuddling is all I did for a good few weeks :)

He will soon be more demanding and you will know xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->