• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do i do?

tddunn

Reaction score
OK so I found out last week I am pregnant. I am a veteran so the VA hospital I go through contracts out to other doctors. I got my first bfp at 8dpo. I was pretty surprised. At 10 dpo I went to both the VA hospital and the ob/gyn they contracted me out to. The ob/gun came back and said I wasn't pregnant and it didn't even appear I ovulated. The VA cane back to say at 10 dpo my hcg was 20.25. They were worried it was a little low but I have looked online and most people don't even know they are pregnant at 10dpo. So I went back today, 14 dpo, and got blood tests run again by both doctors. The VA wants to see my progesterone levels and see my hcg rising and the ob/gyn doesn't even think I'm pregnant. I have had 18 positive pregnancy tests. I feel like I am getting no care. If my progesterone is low then they should be giving me care. Oh and mu pregnancy tests have just gotten darker and darker to the point that yesterday at 13dpo my free test had matching lines it was so dark. I want to know my levels today. I don't want to have to wait another day because to me that's another day with possible complications not being addressed.

Firstly congratulations.

I don't think many people actually visit the doctor so close after ovulation, I fact most people won't even test positive that early. I'm sure today the results will be a better indication of what is going on.

If something was wrong there really is nothing they can or will do.so it's not really a case of not getting a certain level or care, here in the uk no one will usually see you until you're past 8 weeks where you get an appointments to discuss your pats medical history and then bloods and scan are not done until 12 weeks. Each area is different but generally that's the rule of thumb.

However, thinking positively, all will probably be fine, your levels will be higher this time to indicate pregnancy and then they will set forth a plan of play. Good luck Hun x

Well a good sign! I just took a clear blue with conception indicator, 2 days ago they were saying "pregnant 1-2" today with mid day urine it said "pregnant 2-3" I am only 4 weeks today so that must be a good sign! Im now using a midwife recommended progesterone cream. Hopefully it helps.

Can you see another doctor? My GP doesn't like to do the 48 hour test so that I can see the hcg levels but my fs will in a snap. They will also do a scan where my GP won't. Try to get another doctor involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->