What do people do for new year?

twinklestar25

Reaction score
Wondering about new year, it's also my birthday new yrs day, don't normally bother doing anything really usually stay in. No where is open on nyd to do anything on my birthday either, we've been to Alton towers hotel on nyd for a 1 night stay a couple of times with the kids but was looking at butlins, over all of new yr but not sure about it, anyone been or have any other ideas? Thanks

We usually just stay in. Growing up my parents would always order Chinese and have a family game night on NYE. I think I might start up that tradition in our home this year.

i've usually got a guaranteed babysitter as it's my mums bday nyd so she prefers to go out then as she hates being hungover on her birthday but usually i go out boxing day and stay in new year. we got an indians last year

We go over to my Mum's place for a mini dinner party :) Some good food, some good wine and we toast the new year together. We gave up going out years ago as it always felt like a let down!

ETA: Just realised you were asking about NYD! As we spend NYE at my parents place we just have a roast the next day :)

We stay in and have a roast, that's it really, no different to any other day. It is my brothers birthday so when he lived here we generally celebrated that not so much new year

We usually stay in have a few drinks eat and play some games

We don't do anything NYE but NYD we have a big dinner again.

We go on a big family walk followed by a hot buffet for lunch. Last year the weather was awful so no walk just big family lunch.

For nye we stay in and get a takeaway, on nyd we always have a lamb roast dinner

We usually just stay in and have a takeaway :)

Since lo was born I don't like the idea of leaving her for new year so we've stayed in the past 3 years.
Before lo and our new years eve mc we went out with our friends.
Lots of champagne and dancing with my girls.

Usually NYE we will go out somewhere if we can get babysitting but this year I'll have a 2 month old and I'll be babysitting my niece as my sister has boys last year so it's a takeaway staying in for us :) NYD is usually quiet, occasionally go to oh family for dinner x

How was Alton Towers? We were thinking about going this year so it'd be good to hear from someone who's been as its quite a lot for a night!

We stay in with lots of party food on NYE and watch the telly. Usually we watch Jools Holland, or a good film. There's a park near our house which hosts a big fireworks display each year, so we usually go out into the garden at midnight and watch the fireworks. If the weather is bad we'll just watch out the window! We've only been out twice NYE and I found it a let down both times; expensive, you can't get a taxi home, randomers want to hug and kiss you at midnight...nah, I'll give that a miss!
If NYD happens to fall on a weekday then my husband generally goes into work for a few hours. He says he gets more done when the office is quiet! He will go in early and be home by around 10am. Then we might see family, or just chill at home.

We started staying in nye when we had J like most, and roast nyd letting the kids wind down. The week after Christmas day is usually really busy as we have four sets of family to visit along with fitting in aunts/uncles/cousins etc so when the kids are older we'll make it a movie and games night.

I have a friend who did butlins last year and another who did centerparks I think it was, both are going again this year they both had a fab time. I'd say go for it :) x

We usually stay in and have friends over for a quiet dinner or a film if someone is free. We aren't really big on going out though.

On Hogmanay we have a Chinese buffet as a family and once kids are in bed I light the candles hubby and I open the champagne and have some nibbles on the floor like a little picnic to see in the bells and then New Year's Day is like Xmas day all over again big family dinner Xmas cracker the works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->