What do y'all think of this girl name??

PrincessMommy

Mommy expecting #2!!
Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty far off of knowing what team I'm on.. But I have a good feeling its pink!! I want a little girl so bad :happydance:

So right when we got pregnant with our first (actually, exactly a year ago tomorrow) we went to wilmington nc. We had JUST started dating and we both love the beach. We were there for 3 days on the bay and I feel like that's where we really fell in love with each other.

I had an idea for a girl name and I wanna see what you guys think. I am OBSESSED with this name and will most likely not change my mind :p But I kind of wanted to see how popular it is too.

The name is Bay

It also has significance because my name is Chelsea- which means by the sea or beautiful waters. Bay means a broad inlet by the sea. The name meaning can also be auburn hair but I like the other one better ;)

My sons name is Braedyn. So it would be Braedyn and Bay. What do y'all think?? :) honest opinions welcome.

Honestly I don't think it sounds like a name. It sounds more like a NN. Maybe find a name that you can NN to Bay.

Bailey for example.

I would but I really don't like that name or anything near it. I just love the name Bay so much!! I saw it recently used on that show switched at birth. Once I heard people saying the name all the time, I just loved it more and more <3

It's in my baby name book as a top pick! :happydance: I really like it, I've considered it as a middle name. Go for it!

Ahhh thanks!!! I knew there would be a bunch of people opposing. It's a different name. But more of a reason for me to love it cuz not a lot of people have it :)

I'm neither here nor there but prefer it spelt Baye.

i think the fact that you love it is your answer :thumbup: if i met a child called Bay, i would automatically assume it was short for something but I do like it :thumbup: it means alot to you and your OH and if you both like it, go for it! :thumbup:

Ps congrats on your pregnancy xxx

I really like it :). I know of 1 Bay, my friend's friend's son, and a TV personality who has a son called Bay but it isn't popular here. I think it's really nice though and i like that it is more unusual. Plus the sentimental factor, I bet she'd love knowing that her name meant so much to you and that she was thought of and wished for back when :)

Thanks guys :) good to know it's not too odd :p we couldn't find anything relating to our relationship when we named our son. Fingers wayyy crossed for a girl ^_^

I'm sorry, i'm not a fan. It doesn't really seem like a name, in my opinion. I would suggest finding a diff name that is sentimental to your trip to the beach, and keeping Bay as a middle name.

Plus every Braedyn/Brayden I know gets called "Bray" as a nickname. So potentially your two kids will be Bray & Bay!? (you may not call him this yet bc he is an infant... but as he gets older you or others may.)

However, you seem like you LOVE the name and in the end that's all that really matters! Does your OH love it too?

Oh no way will that be his nickname unless he chooses it :p yuck. His nickname is Sam cuz of his middle name :) unless he makes it otherwise when he's older. It actually is a first name and a real one! It's in baby books and baby name sites. We both love it, yep yep

I like Bay. It isn't traditionally a name but it sounds like it should be one. Frankly my first thought was not bay like the body of water but bay as in the leaf. So to me it ends up sounding just as normal as a traditional botanical name like Laurel or Ivy. I'd go for a longer, more traditional middle name to give the name some gravitas.

Well daddy has a pretty long last name. So I'll definitely go with a longer middle name but keep it medium length. She may take my grandmas middle name which is Irene. Just cuz we are trying to keep family names going. Doesn't sound fantastic but I still think it has a cute ring to it. I did think of a bay leaf a few times. Either way- it's very nature like and I love it!!

I'm usually opposed to names like this, but you know what? I love it.

It's solid and stands alone. It's pretty. The meaning is nice. No-one would ever misspell it. And it rhymes with other names which are definitely names, like Fay, making it not too weird.

I agree about the closeness to your other child's name though, a lot of "ay" sounds. But I definitely prefer Bay to Bailey or any longer version.

I would only be concerned with the Bray/Bay thing but if you aren't worried about that then go for it!

I also would prefer it spelt Baye like Faye

It's one of my favourite girl names! I liked it for LO (team yellow) but OH didn't. I think it's beautiful. It's Kirstie Allsop's son's name so it's not that weird, and I think it works better for a girl.

Thanks guys! :) Yea, we may end up changing the spelling even though it may change the direct meaning. I love the spelling Baye or Bae. I would be worried about the Bray thing, but I wanted to discourage that nickname anyway cuz I really don't like it. People just call him B for short or Sam. I kind of like they they sort of sound alike. I don't know why :p

Oh I like the spelling Bae too that's cute and super girlie!

The more I think about it I think it's cute that it's quite similar to Brayden seeing as they are going to be super close in age!!

I love this name but I'm biased as it's my daughter's middle name. She is sadie bay.

x

I agree that it sounds more like a nickname. Also one thing to keep in mind, kids are mean and "Bay" will almost certainly become or be combined "Gay" at some point as a mean nickname to call her... I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->