what do you all think...

Pandasnax

Reaction score
To the name Alfie?

I liked harley but im leaning more towards Alfie, his older brother is called Mason David Stocks and this baby would be called Alfie stocks im wondering what are proples opinions on the name alfie, does Alfie and Mason go well together and does it need a middle name? Xx

I like :), I would give him a middle name as his brother has one. How about Alfie James Stocks or Alfie Ryan Stocks

im sorry but I hate it... Alfie isnt a name and as an adult looking for a decent job he wont thank you for a babyish name (that will look like hes not taking things seriously and yes it does happen, my OH works for one of the biggest software companies in the world and they throw out instantly any CV that lists a 'nickname' instead of full name as it looks unprofessional)

Alfred James is ok though and would age well

I actually like it. I do however agree that it seems a bit like a nickname rather than a whole name.

Does it matter? Heck no. If you like it then great. Alfred would work well too. A middle name that's short and snappy might be best :).

xx

I'm not that into it, but if you and your hubby love it that's all that matters :) <3

It's lovely, go for it. Lots of boys names are shortened versions of old names now e.g Alfie, Frankie, Bobby, Tommy, Robbie, Archie...so it won't make any difference to him when he's older as he'll be one of many. I think using Alfred would raise more eyebrows tbh

I love Alfie :). I would go with Alfred on his birth certificate personally but I'm sure it'd be fine if you don't.

I love Alfie, I always said I'd use it if I had a boy but one of my best friends beat me too it so I won't be able to use it anymore :(

Don't know if it's a UK thing but I know 3 Alfie's... so I do see it as a full name, not a nickname. I think it's totally cute...

But! Mason is such a strong, manly name. I think Harvey fits better with that because it is also strong and unusual. That being said, as I've mentioned above, I know a few Alfie's so I don't see that name as unusual. I don't know any mason's or Harleys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->