What do you do (re:school?)

a_c

mummy to one
Reaction score
My lo is only 5 months but this is really concerning me... When she goes to school & both me & hubby are at work full time, what does she do between school finishing & us finishing work?

Do you have any childminders in your area? Quite a few collect children from school, take them back to their house, play, have dinner, do homework, etc and then you'd collect them after work. Or there are quite a few after school clubs such as Kids Play who collect from school and take them back to a centre for a snack and play. x

We are quite lucky in that my mum and dad collect our 7yr old and always have done, they will do the same for LO as well.
A lot of the kids at my sons school are actually dropped off and collected by local childminders and then the parents collect after work (essentially that is what my mum and dad are - we collect at 6pm).
Some schools run breakfast and after school clubs although they usually see what demand there if first. You do have to pay to use them but I expect they are cheaper than childminders but maybe you cannot claim the clubs back through tax credits???
I collect one day a week and also bring my sons best friend back as well to help his working mum out.

there is lots of childminders that pick kids up from up daughters school and just take them to get them tea and there house or start homework etc till there parents pick them up xx

i have a childminder i drop my sons off at 7.40am she takes ds1 to school and picks him up he has his dinner there and plays and i collect him at 5.45 pm x

The school busline runs right past our current sitters house so if necessary I can arrange for the bus to drop my daughter off at her house and she'll watch her until we pick her up. This won't be a concern until Fall 2012 for me though so who knows, things might change by then.

My youngest three go to an afterschool childminding service. Itys quite expensive but we can claim it back because im still in uni.
My eldest two are 14 and 13 so they just generally go straight home for an hour or two

When my son was in primary school, there was a breakfast club and an after school club which I used to use...it was free too!

afterschool club,childminder,some places have after school clubs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->