what do you do to ease morning sickness?

Misscalais

Reaction score
Oh my gosh!
So my morning sickness/all day nausea has ramped up this week and I'm really not coping, specially with having 3 kids to look after.
As soon as i open my eyes i feel the need to throw up, i try get a glass of water down 1st so im not throwing up just bile. So after throwing up I feel ok for 10 mins then nauseated for the rest of the day. I need to eat but the thought of it makes me gag.
Other then ginger products what might help ease this nausea.
Please help.

Have you tried seabands?

I would try to think of anything in the world that might sound remotely palatable (I know it's hard) as getting something down will likely help.

Sniffing peppermint oil or Vicks helped me. A cold wet cloth. Ice cold water.

Sorry you're so ill!

This is my fourth, too. I have pulled out all the stops this time. Yes, ginger candies. Also, sea bands, preggy pop drops, snacking on crackers constantly, very small meals, naps (my little ones are 3 and under and take naps, so if I'm having a sickly day, I nap when they do), exercise (this is important! Light exercise daily helps ease nausea. There is a study about this!). Keep playing around with ideas and do what works for ya! You'll get through it! I'll be 13 weeks on Friday, but I'm still having a bit of morning sickness. Nothing like what I had just two weeks ago.

Edit: peppermint tea! Peppermint candy. Also, my prenatal has some herbs in it to help get rid of nausea, but it certainly doesn't seem like it's working. I use Honest brand.

Thanks ladies. I do have some sea bands somewhere from my last pregnancy, ill see if i can find them. Ill definitely try all those suggestions. I ate a plain biscuit and almost right away had me heaving over the toilet, had to take DS2 and DS3 to swimming lessons and I'm so tired now. Only my bub sleeps DS2 is 5 so doesn't nap any more, a nap would help for sure.

Popsicles help me feel better but I feel sick again shortly after.

Wow never heard of exercise helping with ms. Now if only I had the energy. :/ My heart rate is faster which is causing me anxiety, so exercise is always the last thing on my mind.

I need to eat something before I get out of bed

Eat something before you get out of bed hun. Or ask doctors for some tablets. I have all day sickness like i did with my son and the tablets ease it off so im only sick 2 or 3 times and not every half hour lol xx

I feel your pain! I am on my 9th week and It is still going strong. Like you, I have to drink something right out of bed so that I don't vomit bile (which is the worst!) I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun but nothing seemed to work. The only "little" relief that I have seemed to find is sipping on Gatorade. I can't cope with being this sick. Anyway, sending quick recovery your way! We can get through this!

I've had a really rough time of it the past few weeks, too. Finally called my OB and she recommended vitamin B6 tablets- 25mg 4x per day. I couldn't find 25mg so I'm doing 50mg twice per day and it seems to be helping! Also, I try to stick to really bland foods, like toast or pasta with just butter and salt. Any flavored or spiced foods don't go over very well. :wacko:

Seabands, Ginger Snaps with Ginger Ale and popping a peppermint candy in my mouth when I first wake up helps

Thanks girls. I hope you all get some relief soon, im so jealous of people who don't get morning sickness lol it's the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->