What do you do when...

Jemima

Mother of One
Reaction score
you need to go for a doctor's appointment and you have no-one to look after LO?

I need to go for cervical screening on Wednesday. Do you thikn it's okay to take her with me or should I re-arrange?

It's stressful enough having a smear test without listening to LO balling in the background :dohh:! Not sure what to do.

When I had my postnatal check up I took Max with me and the doctor was fine with him just sitting on my tummy whilst she did her stuff!!

I asked the nurse when i had mine, i was just going to leave Amelia in the car seat next to me, she usually likes looking around in new places. Luckily hubby was home on the day but i would have taken her in or maybe one of the receptionists would have stayed the other side of the curtain with her?

Most doctors understand, there are lots of women who have to take their LO's with them. My LO is happy to sit and watch.

the few times ive not been able to get my hubby or sister to take elliot for me, ive had to take him in with me. Luckily the last appointment was a blood test and he went to sleep in his pushchair, the nurse just fussed over how cute he was and didnt mind him being there.

keely.

I take Lola with me. She's in her carseat and playing with a toy, mostly being a good girl and the doctors don't mind it at all.

I ended up having my smear test on the same day Poppy had her 2nd injections. by the same nurse Obviously, I had the nasty bit done before she had her nasty bit and it worked out fine!

Thanks girls. I'll take her along and hope for the best. x

yep been in that situation! and just took them with me i had it when emma was a baby and ellie was a toddler i just kept ellie near my head and spoke to her she didnt even no anything was going on. only takes a minute anyway

i wouldve just took her in the pram and let her sit there...she always sleeps in her pram anyway so it wouldve been easy

x

Charlotte goes EVERYWHERE with me. Don't have anyone to watch her or the money to get someone to watch her. She goes to all my OB appts and scans, went to the podiatrist with me when I had foot problems, hair salon, stores...just...everywhere. She is really good in her stroller so that's what she sits in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->