What do you do?

rachieroo

2 Girls, 1 boy, 2 pmps.
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what others do with their babies during the day? Does baby spend time in a bouncer, rocker, on a mat etc or do you just hold them when they are awake?

He is 4 weeks old and is pretty content most of the time I just can't remember what we did with the girls during the day in the first few weeks.

I know I can't sit here cwtching all day because I can't get anything else done and it also means I'm not spending as much time with my girls. :)

At that age my LO was very content with being put down, so we had a pack n play in the living room where she would go if she was sleeping, if she was awake and I couldn't hold her/interact with her then she would either be on a mat on the floor or in her vibrating chair. We have dogs so I couldn't leave her on the mat unless I was supervising, so if I had to be in the kitchen or something I would bring her chair with me so she could vibe away as I was making food. She was my first so I did spend quite a bit of time just holding her when she was awake, but I can see how that just might not be possible with other kids to look after, so maybe a wrap would be a good option for you?

At 4 weeks mine would all want to be held when awake.

Emma wasn't content to be out down awake until about 10 weeks, and it was rather brief periods of time at first.

Now she's pretty easy-going and lies down on the floor attempting to roll etc.

Mine wanted holding all the time at that age. I would sit on the floor and play with my eldest while holding the baby. Or if he was sleeping on me on the sofa then we would read books together.
It's easier these days as he is good at entertaining himself so I get to spend more time with my eldest.

She's sometimes content when i put her down awake, but usually at least wants to be somewhat entertained or have someone sit by her. No way to put her down asleep either haha

When i really have to do things or want my arms free for a change my wrap has been a lifesaver!

Thanks guys it's good to see that it is normal for them to want to be held a lot at this age. It's ridiculous that I can't really remember these early days with my girls.

At that age I circulated him between vibrating chair, floor and holding him and interacting.

He was content with whatever.

Same as above - a mixture of bouncer, activity mat and being held. The tireder she became the more she would want to be held x

I really believe in the whole 4th trimester thing, so I pretty much carry baby boy the entire time he's awake (and for most of the time he's sleeping LOL). I use a woven wrap, it's really comfortable for both of us and makes getting everything done simple. I just go on about our day as usual, and he sleeps or pokes his head out & looks around. I take him out to feed & change him and (sometimes) when he's in a deep sleep, so I can shower and stuff! I joke that it's the magic wrap b/c he will fall into the deepest sleep very quickly, it's awesome!
He was born 4 weeks early, so just this week (11 weeks actual age) he seems interested in toys. I've set him on a playmat for 5-10 minutes - he'll kick and bat at the toys, but as soon as he starts looking overstimulated, it's back in the wrap :)

We use a wrap too. Henry spends most of his time in there. He likes it, and it means I can still get things done while giving him the closeness he wants. I still occasionally wear dd on my back if she's unsettled but she's 15 months now and 31lbs so getting a bit heavy for me in a wrap. He will go on his mat or in his bouncer chair for small periods but prefers being with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->