What do you eat when?...

jac4315

Married since 4/3/15
Reaction score
So the past week or so nothing has sounded good. The only thing that does every once in a while is Special K fruit & yogurt cereal. And sometimes chocolate milk. I just get to the point I get so hungry but haven't ate because the thought of food disgusts me. Then I feel sick and even more nauseous because I haven't ate anything. Also been feeling light headed often, assume these two could be tied together. Anybody have any suggestions?

I had this issue when I was pregnant with my youngest. It was hard for me to eat. I had food aversions to just about everything, and bad ms.

Try saltines (or oyster crackers). I had a baggie of them, and munched on them throughout the day, and especially in the morning if I felt sick. I also had applesauce. And I think I remember having granola bars. I pretty much ate what I could stomach, just to make sure that I got something in me at least 4 times a day, otherwise sickness would be worse.

I'd suggest talking to your doctor or the nurse at your doctor's office and see what they might suggest.

Hope it lets up for you!

I had this issue when I was pregnant with my youngest. It was hard for me to eat. I had food aversions to just about everything, and bad ms.

Try saltines (or oyster crackers). I had a baggie of them, and munched on them throughout the day, and especially in the morning if I felt sick. I also had applesauce. And I think I remember having granola bars. I pretty much ate what I could stomach, just to make sure that I got something in me at least 4 times a day, otherwise sickness would be worse.

I'd suggest talking to your doctor or the nurse at your doctor's office and see what they might suggest.

Hope it lets up for you!

Thank you! Never thought of Oyster crackers, I've had terrible dry mouth so I think something small like that would work better than regular ones. I just bought a box of the sweet & salty granola bars because I use to love them and they kind of looked good. Now I'm thinking not really. This is definitely interesting! I go in tomorrow so I'll mention it to her. Thanks!

My favourites right now are Jordans and natural yoghurt for breaky. Bananas, satsumas, lots of satsumas. Ham, mayo and cucumber sandwiches on wholemeal bread. And I'm struggling with dinners, so far this week I've only really enjoyed a lightly dusted fish meal with veggies and new potatoes, chicken noodles and I am about to have hot dogs because I really want them. I'd never eat them normally but I've just driven to the shop specifically for them.
Can't stand curry right now and will enjoy my roast christmas dinner this week piled high with veg more than anything. Craving the good stuff.

My biggest problem I have right now is I buy stuff because it looks good then it goes to waste because by the time I get it home I can't stand the thought of it :/ It's so crazy!

My biggest problem I have right now is I buy stuff because it looks good then it goes to waste because by the time I get it home I can't stand the thought of it :/ It's so crazy!

this is me exactly!! everything that sounds or looks so good also seems to make me feel like I'm going to puke.

this is me exactly!! everything that sounds or looks so good also seems to make me feel like I'm going to puke.

Glad to hear it's not just me! I've seriously wasted so much money but can't bring myself to eat it! Looks like we are about 2 days apart :) I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow :winkwink: I just can't get my little thing at the bottom to show up lol

go to quick links and click edit signature. all i can really stomach right now is really cheesy food. up until about a week or 2 ago i only wanted healthy foods, not its the opposite. i think also certain textures might be making me nauseas, like reheated soups that get slimy omg gross

Yup that's totally normal. I usually eat a super healthy clean diet, no processed foods or gluten....
BUT when I'm pregnant and in the first tri...all I want is a bagel with cheese, or a burger and fries!!! And I totally just go with it. (Within reason of course)
Sometimes you just have to eat what you can keep down. Nothing to worry about.
Eat when you can, sleep when you can and in the 2nd tri it will get better!! Hugs!

I would get DH to cut up pieces of bread and leave them on the coffee table covered in a tea towel so I didn't have to look at the all the time and during the day I'd take one and eat it without thinking about it - anything I thought about sounded bad.

When you have nausea it's important to eat what you can, baby will get their nutrients one way or another, you just have to try to eat as much of whatever you can stomach.

go to quick links and click edit signature. all i can really stomach right now is really cheesy food. up until about a week or 2 ago i only wanted healthy foods, not its the opposite. i think also certain textures might be making me nauseas, like reheated soups that get slimy omg gross

Textures I can definitely relate to! Except I was that way even when I wasn't pregnant. I was doing really good at eating super healthy the first week I found out and then the nausea hit and it all went out the window!
Side note, I did the edit signature and it doesn't give me that option :/

Yup that's totally normal. I usually eat a super healthy clean diet, no processed foods or gluten....
BUT when I'm pregnant and in the first tri...all I want is a bagel with cheese, or a burger and fries!!! And I totally just go with it. (Within reason of course)
Sometimes you just have to eat what you can keep down. Nothing to worry about.
Eat when you can, sleep when you can and in the 2nd tri it will get better!! Hugs!

Sleep would be wonderful lol Been lacking that lately it seems because we are so busy. Good to hear your experience though! Mine has been Taco Johns :blush: Terrible. Thanks again!

you have to actually get the ticker first and copy and paste the code in

Textures I can definitely relate to! Except I was that way even when I wasn't pregnant. I was doing really good at eating super healthy the first week I found out and then the nausea hit and it all went out the window!
Side note, I did the edit signature and it doesn't give me that option :/

I find if I am hungry but sick, an orange or apple will go down easy and help prep my stomach for more food. Bubbly water with lemon helps calm things down too a bit. It is tough though when you're starving and nothing sounds appetizing! My nausea is starting to let up a bit midday now, so I think the peak is over. Mornings and evenings are still rough though.

Morning sickness hasn't hit me full force yet but food aversions have. I cannot find ANYTHING that sounds even remotely appetizing. I mean I understand that the body is trying to naturally prevent us from eating something that could harm the baby, but this is ridiculous! I need to eat! :shrug:

My biggest craving is French dressing. I have to put it on everything I eat or I am not able to eat it...

Avocados are great since they don't really have a strong smell or taste! And they've been known to help with morning sickness. Throw 1/2 of one in a smoothie and it really helps the texture thing :) https://blog.mumberry.com/post/136621142160/pear-smoothie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->