What do you eat while not dieting

starlight1

Reaction score
I'm just wondering your daily routine for eating while not dieting also when u diet? Xx

I'll list my "typical day" while dieting first:

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, shredded cheese, 1 biscuit, coffee

Lunch: Spinach salad with loads of veggies, cottage cheese, bit of blue cheese dressing and a roll

Dinner: Usually more snacky foods- like carrots, pretzle thins with hummus- maybe fruit or some cereal... or whatever else is in our house that is fairly healthy.

Snacks: I'll usually have a snack between lunch/dinner to get me through. Just depends on what sounds good- maybe some low cal popcorn, or a protein bar etc... or a banana (as those tend to keep me fuller longer).

When I'm NOT watching calories (or having a "cheat" day)- I tend to eat a lot of the same types of foods, I just snack way more! That is my weakness-- especially when "bored". I'm not an emotional eater, I just snack when bored or when I'm PMSing... LOL. That is the hardest time to stay on track- as I love ice cream or chocolate covered anything... :haha:

I kind of think it would be better if people didn't have 'dieting' and 'not dieting' diets (if that makes sense!), but ate a balanced diet all of the time.
I used to really restrict my diet and then binge uncontrollably. I was totally all or nothing.
I think it's healthier not to restrict anything from your diet now, but to have a bit of everything in moderation.
Hope that didn't sound like a rant!
xx

Thanks I was just wondering as I'm now well below my goal weight but scared to start eating more again incase I put all the weight back on. X

How did you lose your weight? Was it calorie counting?
If so, why not try increasing your calories by, say, 200 per day and see what happens. You could adjust it as necessary.
xx

I kind of think it would be better if people didn't have 'dieting' and 'not dieting' diets (if that makes sense!), but ate a balanced diet all of the time.
I used to really restrict my diet and then binge uncontrollably. Ii was totally all or nothing.
I think it's healthier not to restrict anything from your diet now, but to have a bit of everything in moderation.
Hope that didn't sound like a rant!
xx

I totally agree, I was locked in a starve/binge cycle for years and now still really struggle to eat in moderation.. Its zomething I really need to work on!

I also agree. You need to make a lifestyle change, because if you diet and go back to eating what your normal is you will gain the weight back, guaranteed. Eat what you like, and exercise (cardio and resistance training) and you will lose weight and tone up. If you cut out your favorite foods, you will end up binging (like I used to) so why not enjoy what you like! :) Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->