What do you eat?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I'm about to start back at gym but my problem is eating. M

As I've got 3 kids I tend to just snack all day (on junk) and then eat my dinner at night.

Now I'm not too fussed on my dinner meal as I just eat whatever OH wants but I really need to cut out the biscuits and cakes!!

So what do you eat on a typical day?

My daily diet doesn't really consist of overly healthy things - I think I'd drive myself insane if I didn't have things I enjoy - it would more than certainly make me fall if I did.

I usually have some sort of cereal in the morning. Sometimes I have cornflakes, sometimes I will have some toast - depends what mood I am in.

For dinner I will have some eggs - fried (with a tiny tiny bit of sunflower oil) or scrambled. I might have a bit of toast with it and a handful of crisps. Crisps are one of the things I just can't give up. I try but fail lol.

For dinner I'll have something like lasagne, quiche, spaghetti bolognese etc. All homemade, I don't buy pre-packaged stuff anymore. It's amazing how many "extra" calories are in these pre-packaged meals (not to mention the insane amount of salt).

One day every week I will treat myself to some chocolate or whatever.

I go to the gym 5 times a week (3x cardio 2x strength) - I've only been doing it for a few weeks and I'm not seeing the scales drop but I am losing inches. I'm just hoping the scales will start to head south soon.

i have been doing this for a month or so and have lost 12 pounds so far! I'm also a snackaholic but weirdly am not craving junk! Breakfast: fresh fruit salad (half an apple, handful blueberries, handful raspberries and a few strawberries) 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt. Cup of coffee and pint of water. lunch: homemade veg soup and side of turkey breast with 1 tbsp cottage cheese and pint of water. Dinner: meat ( pork chop, lean steak, chicken, fish) and a massi
ve amount
of veg. Sometimes make homemade curry or bolognaise and eat veg instead of carbs. Pint of water. Snacks: fresh fruit, small cube cheese, lean deli meat. Another pint or so of water and another coffee throughout the day.

Stalking!

I need some good, quick and healthy meal ideas! (especially breakfast!)

What don't I eat? :haha:

Breakfast; cereals, toast, crumpets, fruit & yogurt, yogurt & granola, bacon sandwiches, fry up's, cheese on toast

Dinners; jacket potatoes with tuna, or cheese & beans, homemade soups, sandwiches, risotto's, wraps, homemade pizza's

Tea; spag bol, chilli, curries, roast dinners, pasta bakes, homemade burgers & wedges, casseroles etc

I have been doing this for the past 4 days and have lost 2lbs so far:

8:45am-Breakfast: Coffe w/Stevia packet and 1.5tbsp coconut creamer | Multigrain sandwich thin w/ 3 egg whites, chopped spinach and a slice of american cheese. 2 Cups of water

11am-Snack: Hard boiled egg | 2 carrot sticks | 1oz cubed cheese. 2 Cups of water.

12:30pm-Lunch: HUGE bowl of vegetable soup w/chicken and Corn tortilla chips. 2 Cups of water.

3:45pm-Snack: Overnight oats (soaked overnight) consisting of 1/4 cup quick steel cut oats, 3/4 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp cocoa nibs, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 pkt chocolate hazelnut. 2 cups of water

6:45pmDinner: Usually lean meat, quinoa and TONS of veggies and fruit. 3 cups of water.

It seems like a lot of food, but it's all sensible. This averages to about 1600 calories, lower sugar (30-40g a day) and carbs (165grams) but just be sure to drink half your weight in water (ounces, ex: 200lbs means 100 ounces of water). If you are sensible with your fruit, this is a VERY PCOS friendly diet. The trick is to make sure you are eating something HEALTHY every 2-3 hours.

Enjoy! :D

Well right now i'm on a mission to get back to my pre-college weight:)

This is my food diary from yesterday:

B - 1 Poached Egg on 1/2 Wholemeal Breakfast muffin (no butter), Small bowl of Orange Segments and Apple Slices

L - Homemade Chicken & Avocado Salad (1 cooked chicken breast chopped thinly, 1 avocado sliced thinly, rocket salad leaves, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, 1/2 thinly sliced onion)

D - 1 portion of grilled salmon fillet, handful of new potatoes, roasted carrot strips, kale

Not sure calorie wise, i'm trying to stop calorie counting because it ends up becoming an obsession. I like to eat a lot of veg and I also drink 2-3l water a day depending on how much exercise I do. I use the medium size dinner plates rather than large ones, i'm not sure what they are called? It helps me with portion control.

i have been doing this for a month or so and have lost 12 pounds so far! I'm also a snackaholic but weirdly am not craving junk! Breakfast: fresh fruit salad (half an apple, handful blueberries, handful raspberries and a few strawberries) 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt. Cup of coffee and pint of water. lunch: homemade veg soup and side of turkey breast with 1 tbsp cottage cheese and pint of water. Dinner: meat ( pork chop, lean steak, chicken, fish) and a massi
ve amount
of veg. Sometimes make homemade curry or bolognaise and eat veg instead of carbs. Pint of water. Snacks: fresh fruit, small cube cheese, lean deli meat. Another pint or so of water and another coffee throughout the day.

You and I eat quite the same, very paleo although I'm not rigidly stuck to any diet. I just can't lose weight when I eat bread, pasta, potatos, rice or carby high caloric foods. I know that high protein diets don't allow the calories to be stored like high carb diets. I do needs carbs when I find the weight loss stalls. I think some people call it carb cycling. Anyhoo, I've lost 60 lbs this way and would like to lose another 15-20. I lost 2 just over the weekend without even working out. No carb doesn't always mean atkins, more veg, a wee bit of fruit & a little meat with every meal keeps me energised for workouts too (I only go 2-3x week). Congrats on your 12 lbs last month!:happydance:
My day:
Breaky:1/2 cup cottage cheese, americano misto decaf & skim
snack:10am decaf or green tea and maybe a fruit if I'm still hungry
Lunch: homemade cabbage rolls: cabbage wrapped around chicken/turkey mixed with onion, carrot, celery & fresh herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary & sage), baked with crushed tomatoes & sauerkraut.
snack: more tea or crystal light water, a tiny bag of homemade roasted nuts (with cinnamon & cayenne)
Dinner: salad with steak/chicken/turkey/chilli (very few beans-I keep mine low carb-mostly chopped veg & meat)/ any clean protein.
snack: sf jello with low carb protein powder or greek ) fat yoghurt that's at least double the protein g than the carbs & berries if I'm still hungry after 7pm.
We usually share a pot of sleepytime/ginger or Celestial Seasonings Bengal decaf tea before bed.

Recently just raw fruit, but today I had a cereal bar. When I'm not dieting and am 'normal' (binging) I eat everything... Like 5000 calories a day :blush: Usually loads and loads of carbs and excess sugar but like you I usually snack (to excess) rather than eat meals. I can't enjoy a sit down family meal, it doesn't feel right.

Well right now i'm on a mission to get back to my pre-college weight:)

This is my food diary from yesterday:

B - 1 Poached Egg on 1/2 Wholemeal Breakfast muffin (no butter), Small bowl of Orange Segments and Apple Slices

L - Homemade Chicken & Avocado Salad (1 cooked chicken breast chopped thinly, 1 avocado sliced thinly, rocket salad leaves, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, 1/2 thinly sliced onion)

D - 1 portion of grilled salmon fillet, handful of new potatoes, roasted carrot strips, kale

Not sure calorie wise, i'm trying to stop calorie counting because it ends up becoming an obsession. I like to eat a lot of veg and I also drink 2-3l water a day depending on how much exercise I do. I use the medium size dinner plates rather than large ones, i'm not sure what they are called? It helps me with portion control.

Me and your lunch would be very happy together :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->