What do you feel when you sleep on your back?

MEPride

Reaction score
I'm a back and side sleeper generally, though I've been trying to switch to sleeping on my side for obvious reasons. I've noticed some weird sensations when waking up and I'm on my back and wonder if they are caused by my uterus placing pressure on my arteries? A couple times I've woken with my left toes feeling like they're asleep. Last night I woke up with an odd pain in the arch of my left foot that was immediately relieved by rolling over to my side.

Has anyone experienced these things? If so, then is it cause by my uterus? I'm not even showing yet and don't feel a 'bump' at all so I'm not sure what to expect....

I personally have only just noticed at 30-31 weeks the back sleeping effects. I now feel quite light headed if I wake up and have rolled onto my back in my sleep! I notice it if I lay on the sofa too. Before now, I've had no issues with it. I've tried to avoid it just based on the advice but some nights I've ended up laid on the sofa and obviously, can't help rolling over when asleep! Caused me nor baby any harm. I still sleep on my right side too, it's just too uncomfortable to sleep all night on my left! I wouldn't worry too much in the early days, more likely just your body adapting to nerves/blood vessels just beginning to get moved out of place and the increased blood flow/volume.

From early on in my pregnancy, I've had way more pins & needles and dead arms than usual! I rarely go a night without waking up with dead arms, it's annoying!

Laying on my back is already starting to feel a little uncomfortable for me. Any time I stretch out my torso (whether I'm laying down, or just stretching in general), I feel some slight pressure in my abdomen. I'm guessing that my uterus has grown to such a size that I can now feel it. Last night, I was trying to sleep on my back, but the pressure was just too distracting.

Your ligaments will be stretching more and if your activity level has changed (less active, less stretching) you might notice some back pain. But no it shouldn't be uncomfortable because of baby at this point. I slept on my back probably until end of 2nd tri last time.

I'm 11 weeks and feel lower back pain when I sleep on my back... Also sometimes numbness in my inner thighs. But read that it's ok until 2nd tri so I still change positions frequently through the night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->