what do you give your 8-9month baby for tea??? please help

susan123

Reaction score
my baby is 8month and im finding it so hard as to what to give her for tea... she has an ellas pouch stage 2 for dinner with a dessert but for tea im only giving her slice of toast with butter as if i give her a sandwich it ends up on the floor

Can you chop a sandwich into little squares and give her bits at a time?..

We give LO stew, or some meat and veg, or lots of finger food things like veg and bits of wraps etc.

Omelette, scrambled egg, some simple pasta with cheese, scones, soup with bread dipped in, various fruits, organix snacky things, toasted sandwiches, leftovers, fruit bread/toast, crumpets

My LO has just had sausage and sweet potato mash. I sliced a sausage down the middle, let her nibble on one half and chopped the other up into some sweet potato mash- she seemed to like it!

We do it the other way round usually and he has finger food lunch and then a pouch or something out the freezer or what iv cooked if it's appropriate and then a yoghurt or fruit pot

I do give him sandwiches to hold himself but when my oldest is having his lunch before nursery (at 11.30am, snack time for youngest as he has lunch at 1pm)
LO likes to nick a square of his sandwich and as we're about to go out I hold it for him and just let him take bites so it's abit less messy,
His finger food meals are

Pasta - usually cheese and tomato or tuna and cheese

Sandwiches
Toast
Bagels
Potato cakes
Crumpets
Oatcakes

All with different toppings
Fruit chunks or veg sticks
Sometimes organix or Ella's snacks
Dried fruit
Strips of chicken
Potato waffle
Buttered, toasted Currant teacake/ hot cross buns
Sweet potato wedges
Cheese sticks

He can't tolerated whole eggs but if he could I'd do scrambled, sliced boiled or omelettes too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->