What do you ladies think about these?

ClaireNicole

Mom of 1 WTT for 2
Reaction score
https://stores.ebay.com/sunbabydiapersshop

I think I'm going to try cloth! OH isn't happy at all about it but I want to at least be a part-time cloth mom! These are the first ones I saw and the cheapest I think! Does anyone know anything about them?

Any advice?

cheap pocket nappies. i have a few similar ones - they're ok but i don't get a good wear time in them (<2hrs).

to be honest you get what you pay for.

if you want to try them the buy a couple but i honestly wouldn't buy too many in case they don't suit your baby on the fit.
they do tend to be one size fits most, 'most' being the operative word. :)

They look good, especially for the price, but I wouldn't want to buy any more than a few to try. I can't see that the seller sells them in less than packs of 10 though. I wouldn't buy 10 to start with - wonder if the seller would sell 3 or 5 instead if you ask?

We bought some ebay cheapies (not these ones but very similar) and I couldn't really fault them. They did the job perfectly well. I'd want more than one insert per nappy but it's easy to pick them up and you might want to get bamboo or hemp ones from somewhere else anyway. If you do buy a lot of 10, I'd say keep at least 5 in the packaging and just try the others - then if they don't suit you, you can sell the 5 on as new and get your money back.

Ooooh thats smart! They aren't as cute as some of them... but the price is right for the OH... plus I need something super easy to show him that it can be super easy. Hes really reallllllly not happy about the cloth thing... and my sister called him up and yelled at him not to let me try it!!!! Since then I have talked to her and told her theres no harm in TRYING and we wern't planning on trying them all the time at first and she agreed... but Oh is still put off. swears he'll never change a cloth diaper!!!! I'm going to change his mind hopefully but spending 300 dollars off the bat on a starter pack isn't the way to do that :|

Men, eh? Why do they think that changing a cloth nappy is any worse than a disposable? All they have to do is take it off and shove it in the nappy bucket then put a new one on, exactly the same as a disposable! You still get stinky poos in sposies :dohh:

We have some ebay cheapies too (different "brand" but basically the same diaper). Like the others said, you might want to start with just a few. We found that they didn't fit Emma quite right at first and she leaked alot. They only started to work for us once she hit about 15lbs. Also, the quality of the PUL isn't as good as the more expensive diapers and we've had a few delaminate (they are now worn by teddy bears on a shelf).

I have some that are similar to that, but I bought some extra inserts in hemp/bamboo (mine come with both a large and small microfibre insert per nappy) as I figured that's where the main problems were likely to occur.

My advice to you would be to get a starter pack from an online company that sells cloth diapers. that is what i did and i found that there were certain ones that I liked for certain times and ones that i liked for other times. as far as a pocket diaper goes, be careful....i bought a tonne of inserts and 6 size one pockets (apple cheeks they are canadian made and suepr cute) and i found that after trying other types i liked them the least and then i was stuck with 200 bucks worth of cloth inserts and now i need to either buy the next size of pockets and I dont really want to and I will be out money....but one thing i also found helpful was to go on craigslist and find some used ones. I have the ones you can get at sears kushies baby they are an AIO and they are super for us. they are so much like disposables as far as size shape and poutting them on. they are super quick and easya nd i found some cheap on craigslist from a girl who had used them once and didnt like them, no stains etc, and 5 were not even used. (i got 10). my OH likes them cuz they are very similar to disposables and not difficult for him to stuff etc and he just throws them into the laundry bin and flushes the liner and thats it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->