what do you thin of... Dexter?

fayefirth

Reaction score
Hey! really really wanting opinions on Dexter?
Hubby really likes it, im unsure if its too out there?
only name we both like :dohh:

Any opinions would be appreciated :flower:
xxx

serial killers and nerds lol (sorry)

im not sure, its becoming more common and popular now a days so not too out there anymore but its not my cup of tea personally (I just think of Dexter's laboratory) I did date a man for a short time about 6 years ago whose new born brother was called Dexter

I love Dexter! Dex is a cute nickname.

And I love the show. ;)

I love it! It's our backup name in case he doesn't look like a "Liam" at birth. It's also one of the only names we could agree on.

I love the name Dexter, DH's nephew has Dexter as his middle name so we couldn't use it. But we would have considered it otherwise.

The only thing is its massively on the rise in popularity so if that's something that's important to you it may be something to think about.

Love it! Though as PP said I think it's popularity is on the rise so that's something think about if it bothers you. And I love Dex!

I love it we were thinking about it but turns out we are having a girl

I love the name BUT it is my dogs name and I do know another 2 dogs called Dexter. Alot of people have said they would have used it for their sons if they didnt know my dog though.

We got the name from the programme Dexter so you may have the odd serial killer referral too.

Thanks for the replies ladies,
Its definitely on the list :)
I do think its a lovely name, and especially since its one me and DH both like..

anybody that knows of a Dexter, whats their middle name?

We LOVE the name Dexter. We reckon that by the time we have children, the serial killer won't be associated (as much)...

Well honestly, when me and DH were discussing Dexter, I didn't even think of the television programmes! People get too hung up on things like that, programmes will be forgotten about in a few years time! Xx

Well honestly, when me and DH were discussing Dexter, I didn't even think of the television programmes! People get too hung up on things like that, programmes will be forgotten about in a few years time! Xx

not really Dexter had just come out when my ex's brother was named after it, 5 years later its still the first assumption anyone makes and i doubt that will change due to the fact it was never a common name so its going to be linked with the most famous person to have it as a name

I grew up with a friend called Dexter and always loved his name.
I really love it and I'm trying to twist OH round he feels its more a mixed raced name :/ however I don't at all and really love it.

That's my son's name, he is a week old today! I think family weren't sure about it at first, although they wouldn't say but older people like more traditional names usually, but our friends think it is really cool. Lol. I love it :) (I sing the Dexter's Lab song to him already haha)

I love the name so much, nn dex is super cute
I know my family wouldn't be as big as a fan as I am though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"