what do you think my chances are?

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Had a sweep this morning, had backache and pains since but im not sure if they are regular or irregular or what, ive not really monitored them cos i dont find them TOO bad? Also a bit sore 'down there' .. Feel like throwing up!

what do you think my chances of going into labour soon are??

in my notes after sweep this is what she wrote
The CTG was 'satisfactory'
favourable cervix,
3/5ths engaged
cervix anterior
open and soft 2-3Cms
partially effaced
and she felt the head when she did the sweep,

Did a long brisk walk after and was in agony for a while after it, Having a curry tonight, feel like throwing up in my mouth and got 2 litres of fresh pineapple juice to go thru. Just had a long hot soak in the bath and gonne see if i get more pains... i really hope it works!

i really hope it works hun, sounding all good so far :)

enjoy that relaxing bath through coz you might be needing lots of energy later x

I dont wanna get my hopes up and still be here in a week, im going mad with itching and they dont seem as concerned anymore because im not measuring ahed anymore, so i think my chances of being induced like i was told at 36weeks are gone, next week i will be offered another sweep.. Do you think ill make it a week??i really dont wanna! wanna go this weekend or week!
We've decided to put all the hospital bags n stuff in the car ready and waiting just incase,

it worked for me and i was less favourable than you, so it sounds pretty good!
i did a few diy sweeps that night too, waters broke at 11pm and roo arrived 7.39 the next evening!

ooh really? Thats good news for me then! DIY sweeps you say?? did your OH do it or is it possible to do alone? ive just done a bunch of squats :rofl: cant let it be said that i didnt try everything! If only i could have sex!

and i came down stairs on my bum a few times lol!!

I had a sweep yesterday and felt exactly the same as you. Unfortunatly things seemed to have calmed down by lunch time today :( Really desperate to have my wee one now! Hope things go well for you.... think I'll head to the stairs too :)

Sounds promising, are they leaving you to go into labour naturally or are they planning on inducing you hun?

Fingers crossed it works anyway
Xx

Sounds promising, are they leaving you to go into labour naturally or are they planning on inducing you hun?

Fingers crossed it works anyway
Xx

If I don't go naturally, they'll do another sweep on Wed and then I have an induction booked for the 20th if I still haven't gone! I hate all this waiting....and all the blooming text messages of well-meaning people asking if there's any news!!! If there was any news I'd be shouting from the roof tops!!!! Here's hoping you go soon too.

at the moment not sure, originally they had said induce at term but cos i was measuring 3 weeks ahed. Now im measuring bang on so theyre not so bothered, also bp hasnt been high last 2 weeks, so theres only one issue (itching) instead of three. So they made an appt for next week to get another check up at hospital, CTG and sweep, But tbh if i dont go this week i think another sweep would def work since im already dialating.. Just gotta keep busy, dunno what am gonna do tomorrow!

Mamie i know the feeling! Its SO annoying isnt it! I actually sent a group FB msg to the ppl who are constantly bombarding me and told them to chill, ill let them know when shes here. and that i wasnt gonna be telling people when i go into labour or having visitors to the hospital, needles to say only those who have had babies understood! But i dont care. had to be told!

you're a lil more dilated than me I had mine wednesday, had some period like cramps nd back ache yesterday but not a sausage today. Huff.

Here's hoping it works for you!

lol.... I put on my FB status that I had no news and yes I would text people when I had some!!! I've been really surprised the number of people who've said "text as soon as you're in labour".....hmmmm I think I might have other priorities. People are so nosey!!!

Fingers crossed Chuck :)

diy sweeps :rofl:

trust me, when your due date comes and goes you will do ANYTHING to get things moving!!!

a general rummage does the trick... if you are encouraged to have sex & thats safe, then you arent going to do much damage with your own clean fingers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->