What do you think of the girls name.....

SarandrewBean

Mammy to Halle <3
Reaction score
HALLE

Me and OH have loved the name since before we started TTC, but now I'm slightly going off it, the plan is/was to name her Halle Nova, we both love the name Halle and OH loves the name Nova and I wasn't too fussed on Nova as a first name so thought middle name would be nice, but now I find myself going off Halle but liking Nova more.

I want a name that's not that popular but isn't stupid if that makes sense....

What do you think of the name Halle Nova? or is Nova a better name?

x

much prefer Halle to Nova

Nova to me sounds like something a very young mom would pick

Halle in nice and unique, I also like Callie aswell

I have no idea how to pronounce Halle. I find it odd. Nova is nice. I'd pick that with a different middle name or keep looking xxoo

Nova is not a name that only a very young mom would use. It means "new" and was first used in the 19th century.

Halle is nice but Nova is lovely.

Nova Clementine
Nova Beatrix
Nova Genevieve
Nova Elodie
Nova Josephine
Nova Liliian
Nova Lilias
Nova Lilith
Nova Winter
Nova Juniper
Nova Verity

Just to name a few.

really people dont know how to pronounce it?

Halle, like Halle berry

Nova is more commonly used to mean star in most cultures btw
its up there with names like angel and heaven

my OH considered Nova for a while after the company in short circuit lol

Halle, like Halle berry

If you research the meaning of Nova, it means "new". Take a look at behind the name or think baby names, both reliable sources to learn about names. People can *think* what they want, it does not mean that is the meaning. Nova is an old name, it has been around since the 19th century.

Halle, I have not researched. I do know it was quite popular (where I lived) in the 1980s.

Halle, like Halle berry

If you research the meaning of Nova, it means "new". Take a look at behind the name or think baby names, both reliable sources to learn about names. People can *think* what they want, it does not mean that is the meaning. Nova is an old name, it has been around since the 19th century.

Halle, I have not researched. I do know it was quite popular (where I lived) in the 1980s.

actually Nova means star... it is derived of Novus which is latin and means new so unless your calling the kid Novus it no longer means 'new'

as a original native cultural name it supposed to mean butterfly and existed long before the 19th century... none of which changes the point the its very common a name with young teenage mothers :wacko:

Halle Nova is a beautiful name :thumbup:

I love the name Nova but I'm put off slightly by the fact a girl on Teen Mom 3 has a girl called Nova so I wouldn't use it as a first name. It's beautiful still though.

Halle, like Halle berry

actually Nova means star... it is derived of Novus which is latin and means new so unless your calling the kid Novus it no longer means 'new'

as a original native cultural name it supposed to mean butterfly and existed long before the 19th century... none of which changes the point the its very common a name with young teenage mothers :wacko:

JJKB - There are many "young teenage" mothers on this forum, and its disrespectful to talk about them like that. You can give your opinion on a name without having to insert rudeness and judgment towards a group of people in it.

Secondly, Nova can mean star, but it can also mean new. If you look the Canadian provinces 'Nova Scotia' which literally means "New Scotland." But then in astronomy, a supernova for example is an explosion of a star. The word has two meanings like several other words we use in English.

OP - both of them are lovely names. I'm voting for Nova, because I think it has less similarity to other names (whereas Halle could be confused with Hailey, Hallee or other spellings/variations of it.) My family is Swedish, so I read it as 'Hall-uh" and have to remind myself of the actress to get the pronunciation correct. So I think people are more likely to run into difficulty spelling and pronouncing it, but that doesnt make it a bad choice if thats what you end up choosing. I don't think you can go wrong with either, both are uncommon and pretty names. :flower:

Halle, like Halle berry

JJKB - There are many "young teenage" mothers on this forum, and its disrespectful to talk about them like that. You can give your opinion on a name without having to insert rudeness and judgment towards a group of people in it.

Secondly, Nova can mean star, but it can also mean new. If you look the Canadian provinces 'Nova Scotia' which literally means "New Scotland." But then in astronomy, a supernova for example is an explosion of a star. The word has two meanings like several other words we use in English.

OP - both of them are lovely names. I'm voting for Nova, because I think it has less similarity to other names (whereas Halle could be confused with Hailey, Hallee or other spellings/variations of it.) My family is Swedish, so I read it as 'Hall-uh" and have to remind myself of the actress to get the pronunciation correct. So I think people are more likely to run into difficulty spelling and pronouncing it, but that doesnt make it a bad choice if thats what you end up choosing. I don't think you can go wrong with either, both are uncommon and pretty names. :flower:

yous lot need to learn to read... at no point was I disrespectful to teen moms lol, point out a single place where I said anything other than a name used by them (which is not offensive, unless you can prove no teen mom ever has used it and I know for a fact several have lol)

and for the record I was a teen mom as where most of my friends :dohh: so yes I do know these things, most the mothers round here are young and I know their kids due to having one

I explained the actual history and origins of the word lol and your still arguing, you can argue all you want doesn't make it right and certainly doesn't change the fact that it is a name more commonly used by younger mothers :wacko:

also my opinion is as valid as any of yours so your arguments are pathetic, if someone has a different opinion just get over it because the world doesn't have to agree with you

Oh dear lol a lot has been said since last saw the post. Not sure about what the names mean etc so cant comment and all of my friends who are younger than 20 all have boys so wouldnt know what they would have named a girl lol.
Thanks everyone on your opinion of names and suggestions xx

I really like Halle.

The same name can have different meanings. It all is going to depend on culture, history and language.

Also, let's not rip on people who may have difficulty pronouncing a name. Not everyone is celebrity savvy. Different accents can result in different pronunciations.

Halle, like Halle berry

yous lot need to learn to read... at no point was I disrespectful to teen moms lol, point out a single place where I said anything other than a name used by them (which is not offensive, unless you can prove no teen mom ever has used it and I know for a fact several have lol)

and for the record I was a teen mom as where most of my friends :dohh: so yes I do know these things, most the mothers round here are young and I know their kids due to having one

I explained the actual history and origins of the word lol and your still arguing, you can argue all you want doesn't make it right and certainly doesn't change the fact that it is a name more commonly used by younger mothers :wacko:

also my opinion is as valid as any of yours so your arguments are pathetic, if someone has a different opinion just get over it because the world doesn't have to agree with you

This part of your quote "also my opinion is as valid as any of yours so your arguments are pathetic, if someone has a different opinion just get over it because the world doesn't have to agree with you" is quite contradictory.

I prefer Nova. I wouldn't let the fact that a name is used by young mothers (apparently, in some areas), that's not in my list of things which ruin a name :wacko:.

I adore the name Halle, and even considered it for my (hopefully) future daughter, but it is too close to my name (Holly) and may be confusing :)

Nova is also lovely! Very ethereal and organic sounding :flower:

I prefer Halle, but only because my friend's dog is named Nova, so I kind of have that association already. But if I didn't, I tend to think Nova is slightly more unusual, if that sways you one way or the other.

i love halle, thats what i will call my baby if its a girl, but i will spell it hallie so people know how to pronounce it lol

i love hallie sienna

or for nova i like

nova grace
nova faith

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members