what do you think the best age to start having babies is?

callmedan

Reaction score
so question is in the title - what age do you think is best to start having babies?
you dont have to comment if you just want to vote, just curious as to what people think :)

Be interesting to see the results. I think it's finding a balance of being mature enough, financially ready yet young enough for a fitter pregnancy.

I'm glad I waited until 26-27, so that is what I voted for. Gave me a chance to get my degree, get settled into a career field (even though I'm taking a break to be home with her for now), find my perfect partner and get married, and get the whole "going out and living it up" out of my system. It also gives me time to have at least one or two more before 35, which is my self-imposed cut-off age. :)

I voted 26-30. I will be in this category by the time I have kids. I have had my teenage years to be young free and single, and my early twenties to make a life for myself, get a career etc. From now on it is working towards babba!
I would not like to be older than 30, ideally I want to be done with kids (as in, have two or three) by thirty, simply because then when they are in school, I will still be young enough to consider progressing up the career ladder. Any older and I feel I wouldn't be doing either well.

I went for 26 - 30 although I think 25/26.... However, I plan on starting at 24 (nearly 25). Maturity and financial stability is key.

I went for 21-25 but was really probably voting more for 24/25 as your question was when to *start* having babies. So iv felt that most people
Tend to want more than one so to be able to have your first, enjoy time with them, have a sensible gap and then 9 months pregnancy (also on all subsequent babies) then be able to have best chance of healthy pregnancies and as much energy as possible to give to their childhood years....the age of 25 seems a good starting point. Plus you're established enough career-wise/financially and partner wise.

Even though I was 23 when I had DD I voted 26-30. You have had time to have fun, get where you want to be work wise, have some money behind you etc.

I voted 26-30, because I feel like that's when the majority of people are prepared financially, mentally, and physically to do so.

I'm 23 and own my own house, have a degree, great job which will offer free childcare, and will be married in the next 5 months. I don't think that most people who are my age are as ready as I feel I am, but I've always been different in that way.

We will start trying just after my 24th birthday. My OH will be 25.

I voted 21-25. Both me and OH are 23, we own our own home and are settled in our careers. We met at uni and got all the partying out of our systems by the time we graduated. We then spent a couple of years saving for our house and going on the big holidays we wanted to do before having a family.

For us, that meant that we were ready. DD is now 3 weeks old. I think, for us, we started at the perfect time. It also gives us chance to have a couple more before we turn 30.

I voted for 26-30 although I might actually be younger than that when we start if we stick to our current plan (I'm 24, my partner is 26). I think it's the balance of having had some freedom and time to yourself, and getting yourself to a position where you are stable enough to have a tiny person rely on you, but also being young enough to not have a high risk pregnancy and to have time to have more kids without rushing (if more than one is wanted).

26-30 For me , oh is 27 in dec I'll be 25 in jan we get married next year , I will be changing into a different nursing role , we r stable now an have had time to be us together
, I'm not bothered about not having kids after 30 as my mum had me at 41(her fourth and last) n I'm alright but yea il be 26 when we ttc

I reckon around 25. Although I'll be 21-22 while TTC and hopefully pregnant. It's right for us, but I know for most people my age, they wouldn't even be CLOSE to being ready til at least 25. Maybe even well into their thirties, as they all still live with their parents and are single etc. We just got our act together very quickly.

I also voted for 26-30. Although, it really does depend on your own individual couple maturity & finances.

For me, personally, I wouldn't have been ready 2-3 years ago, I'm not even quite ready now[I'm 23]. There's so many things I want OH & I to accomplish before we TTC even though he's pressuring me to have them NOW! I just want my babies to have the PERFECT life. And that means, making mine & OH's life as perfect as can be before we start. I also want 3+ kids, so gotta start sooner rather than later!

I voted 21-25 but that is more referring to me. My OH is currently 25 and I am 21, we don't plan to start until I am 22/23 but he would definitely have still be too immature at that age.

It obviously varies person to person. I voted 26-30, but I am 31 and we haven't started yet. :haha: I'm in a career though where it takes awhile to get settled anywhere (PhD + short term research contracts) so I couldn't really have started before now anyway!

I think it depends on whats right for you, its a personal thing, especially as some people may not be in a position to have children at what they rsckon would be their ideal age....me for example, I didn't meet DH until I was 30, got married at 35, and had DD at 37, which wasn't what I wanted for myself but turns out it was my ideal, but for someone else, 26 may be perfect....each to his own, and all that :)

Echoing a lot of what others have said. Up until 35 years old, I think it is more about getting the right circumstances together. Because I want to be mortgage free, more suitable car, and savings, for me this puts me at 32.

Others aim for being in a house they own rather than paid off so can pull it off earlier.

I want to make a career shift from tax compliance to corporate accounting. I would far rather make the jump, get settled in then pause to have children.

I voted 26-30, though I will probably be 30 before I have my first. I would have liked to start having children earlier but our circumstances havent been right. Things are starting to look better now though! xx

When I was little my plan was:
Engaged at 21 married at 23, kids at 26 & 28/29.
I was engaged at 21 (the day before my 22nd birthday), married at 23, but I'm nearly 27 and still wtt :( - the current plan is first baby at 28 second at 31.

I was 22 when I had Thomas. I'd like to have been older because of everything we've gone through with him but we have adjusted well and I can't imagine not having him here. My OH was 27 when Thomas was born (on his birthday, lucky dad :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"