What do you think?

A

AppleBlossom

I posted a thread a while back about my friend who was desperate for a baby but her OH isn't ready for one just yet (she's 19) She has just quit uni and moved back home. Her OH who is from London is quitting his job to come up here and live with her and they are looking for a flat. The other day they came to mine and played with Grace and my friend said depending how they were with Grace they would think about starting their own family. But yesterday I got a Facebook message off her OH saying how he isn't ready for a family but he doesn't know how to tell her. I said to talk to her and he did but I think she is still dead set on it.

Anyway I was wondering that maybe I could let her look after Grace maybe once a week. That way I'll be able to get things done and she can see what it's really like to look after a baby and it might change her mind. Only I don't know whether it's a good idea as obviously she has no experience with babies and Grace is very demanding and there are certain things you need to know to keep her happy! Although I know everyone has to start somewhere.

What do you girls think?

Mmm i could not do that myself but then Jack has never slept out in his life, but that one is up to you if you feel comfy enough . Its up to your friends to make that decision to have a child but if her OH cant even discuss and tell her hes not ready to start a family then they dont sound close and adult enough. Just my opinion. x

I think it's a good idea if she's up for it. Doubt she will be though. It's alot different looking after someone elses baby to looking after your own x

I think it's a good idea if she's up for it. Doubt she will be though. It's alot different looking after someone elses baby to looking after your own x

I've said jokingly lots of times that she should take her for a week and she'd change her mind and she said she'd love to take her for even just a day. And I don't have a problem with her being out in the day.

Hmmm...Lola has just started(2 weeks now) spending one night a week at her dads (from Saturday evening do Sunday morning) and it really helps me out but he is her dad and I trust him.

This is an excellent idea,I think it would really give her a taste of the 'joys' of motherhood but are you sure you'd be comfortable with it?
Is she good with babies,do you trust her?

If you do decide to propose this to her,write down ALL the things she needs to do and know about Grace and how she 'operates' :lol:

Maybe she could spend the day with you and Grace first so she gets used to what Grace needs/wants etc...

She is spending the day with us tomorrow. I think I would be ok as long as I had written everything down for her. She has been my best friend since I was 11 so I guess I can trust her :)

She could come out the other end wanting a baby even more! Grace is a cutey!

Yeah I think sometimes looking after someone elses baby makes you want one more. Because, you can give them back! You're not losing any of your royalties and you get to have a good play with them. Crying won't bother you when you know you can give them back eventually either. Worth a shot though

I guess that's true. But Grace is a madam, if I'm not there when she is being a nightmare she can't just hand her back... unlucky for her lol

I am 19 (although still at uni and wont be leaving once I have a baby as my OH runs a business and can look after the baby the 3 days I'm at uni) but I look after his granddaughter most weekends, 2 days and 3 nights and it just makes me want my own more, even having to wake up at 6am on the Monday to get the train to uni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->