What do you wear to nurse in?

supertabby

Reaction score
What do you wear to nurse in?

I have a couple of maternity tops with the nursing flap arrangement in them but I wouldn't feel comfortable in them right now as they're lycra type tops (not what you want with post partum jelly belly). Also I'm not sure if they'll be too fiddly.

I've nursed in public a couple of times now - wearing a button shirt, I just unbuttoned and had a scarf over me for modesty. At home I'm mostly still wearing my nursing nighties all day! I was ok with this (obviously will take a while to get comfortable) but wondering what other options/solutions there are? Not sure I want to spend 6-12 months wearing shirts every single day. I've got plenty of nursing bras.

I wear normal tops with thin strappy tops underneath like a vest, pull the strappy top down and normal top up.
U can also use bump bands for the same purpose - I still wear them as until recently could only wear stretchy leggings (EMCS) and dont have enough long tops so u can wear them as a top lengthener and then pull them up - I find this more of a faff than just 2 tops though (if u have decent strappy tops then they can hold ur tummy a bit too :-D ).
At home I wear whatever I want :-D, often walk around in trackies and a nursing sleep bra lol.

Becki x

Any tops with buttons, normal tshirts with a vest top under.
I loved my nursing cover. Then at 6 months Corey would pull it up so I gave up lol and just used his head to cover me until he was latched while in public

V-neck shirts that I can just pull aside, usually. Or a tank top underneath a regular shirt so that I can pull the top shirt up.

Thanks all.

When pulling up one top, and the other down, does the top layer not obstruct your view? I still find myself needing to see what's going on to position him. Or maybe that will come with practice?

I don't have any problem seeing but I guess it depends on the top and how big u are? I practised at home a few times to start with :)

I like to wear v neck tops that I can just pull my boob out of the top. I have some nursing tanks I wear underneath but my favorite are stretchy bras that I can just pull down with my top

I splurged on proper nursing tops - if you are in the UK jojomamanbebe and vertbaudet have nice ones. For the first few weeks at home I was often in pyjama bottoms and a sleep bra, now I'll wear anything at home and just lift my top. When out I prefer a proper nursing top though. The needing to see them latch goes with age as both of you master the skill.

Normal clothes. Never felt the need for nursing tops.

I wear anything, except dresses. That's far too much flashing if I need to feed in public! I do miss them though as they make up most of my wardrobe...

I do the two top trick as well, one up and one down. Super easy and you can't see a thing in public when baby's latched on.

The top layer can obstruct slightly but it's something that gets so easy in time you barely need to see what you're doing, just aim baby at your chest and job done :haha: It will take time but you'll get into the rhythm of it.

I wear anything, except dresses. That's far too much flashing if I need to feed in public! I do miss them though as they make up most of my wardrobe...

Dresses with leggings :)

For nursing in public I wear two tops and pull the top one up and the bottom one down :thumbup:

A tip for being able to see while using two tops is to hold babies head say with ur right hand while feeding from the left so u can use ur left hand to move the Breast into few or hold the top, I would hold the top under my chin if needed.
But it also comes with time and practise

I used to do the two top thing and pull one up and one down, but now I just pull my top up at the side LO needs. By the time LO is lying in place to feed, she's covering any exposed tummy really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->