What do your LOs call it?

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
My niece calls it Boobie (as in, MOMMY I WANT BOOBY! as loud as she can say it) and it embarrasses my sister to death when they're in public. I want my baby to refer to it as something different but have no clue what, what does your LO call it/you call it when talking to LO.

I called it milky, which Alice interpreted as 'mukmee' and it stuck. Arthur calls it muh muh (subtly different to mama, which is what most people think he's saying). I taught both of them a sign for it too.

Ro calls it nyo-nyo. I wanted to avoid the "BOOBY!" situation lol. I was reading the Why African Babies Don't Cryarticle whilst discussing with DH what to call BFing with LO and the name stuck. Though this morning, when I'd lifted my top to feed him, Ro asked what the breast and nipple were called and then declared, "RoRo eat nipple" before diving on me lol so not sure if all my efforts at ensuring verbal discretion have been for naught!

DD called it "boobie" cos thats what I called it. Then, although I wanted to change when DS was born there was a 15 month period where they were both nursing, so he now call's it "boo boo", which is pretty obvious....as is his hand disappearing down my top.

My LO says "boobies" which is both hilarious and embarrassing (depending on who's in our company).

I think I'll just go for "milk" next time.

Booby food interchangeably.

Ro calls it nyo-nyo. I wanted to avoid the "BOOBY!" situation lol. I was reading the Why African Babies Don't Cryarticle whilst discussing with DH what to call BFing with LO and the name stuck. Though this morning, when I'd lifted my top to feed him, Ro asked what the breast and nipple were called and then declared, "RoRo eat nipple" before diving on me lol so not sure if all my efforts at ensuring verbal discretion have been for naught!

I really liked that article. Please tell me, how is "nyonyo" pronounced?

Kids where I live call it dudu, but to us that's the same as saying boobie! Must think up a name myself to teach my LO in the future!

LO calls it boobie milk but it doesn't embarrass me, it's what it is :D If I'd wanted to call it anything else, I would just have called it milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->