• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What does a negative Pregnancy Test Actually Look Like?!

lauraclili

Astrid's Mummy
Reaction score
I really apologise for the rant in this thread...

Ok, so here's the thing... I've been haunting the pregnancy test gallery all day today (honestly, I have achieved NOTHING! :rofl:) but I have been looking and looking at the tests in the gallery and yes, I get it, there are lots that are really clear. I mean, clear like they are in the instructions.

But then I look again and there are loads on there where I swear that I can't see anything and they're counted as BFPs. I don't mean this in a negative way, (please ladies forgive my ranting here!) I'm just amazed because if they are positives then I swear that the test I did two days ago (which I stared at realllly hard!) had a line on it... but I thought it was something that was underneath the testing strip and was showing through... and I can't check because I threw it away! And I can't check the one I did today because I threw it away in disgust about 10 minutes after I took it and the bins where emptied this morning!

ARGH!

I have now also run out of tests and am wondering if:

a. this is wishful thinking!
b. I should test again
c. I should just wait and see what happens
d. expect :witch: no matter what.
e. I imagined that line anyway...

But please tell me I'm hopelessly naive but I thought that you needed to have a really clear line for it to be counted as a positive... I don't know. I just wonder because I swear that lots of those tests don't show anything but actually they do... Confused!!!

Grrg! I'm just confused and a bit pissed off with myself if I'm making this into more than it actually is and that I threw those others away.

Arg. I think I will just wait for the :witch: and if she hasn't shown herself by Monday I will test again...

If I can last that long!

Thanks for accepting my rant so stoically!

:thumbup: I hear you! With both of my full term pregnancies I had a very faint +. Like take it outside and scutinize in the sunlight faint. I say wait as long as you can and re-test (for me that'd be about 20 seconds) but remember first morning is the best time to test.

Thanks!

I think I will wait until Monday... I'm away this weekend anyway so as long as I can hold out tomorrow I'll wait and see what happens.

Thanks for your story. It makes me feel better.

:hugs:

Ok, I'm not actually in the TWW yet, but I hear what you are saying. I have looked through the gallery (and some on here) and said to myself "I don't see anything". I had the same problem myself in January. I thought maybe it was positive but I couldn't really tell because the line was SO faint. I went out and got a digi just to confirm either way.

I think that's what I'll do if AF doesn't show by Monday...

i dunno hun i always look at them tests like??? what i would never class a line like that as MY bfp as i would be too scared. i would rather not get my hopes so high in the first place than think YES BFP and then nothing........... if you get me? xx

Oh yes! I'm totally with you.

That's what got me so confused looking at the gallery yesterday.

I mean I'm really happy for those who get their BFPs but sometimes I was looking and stuff and it really didn't look like a BFP and I was just wondering how faint a faint positive can be... If you catch my drift.

I hear you hun - there's a thread somewhere where somebody has posted up a very faint line apparently and everyone else is like "yeah I see it, congrats" etc etc...but I swear I can't see anything!

I think that even the faintest of lines is a positive on HPT, as if you have any hCG in your system at all you are most definitely preggers.

Argh! That must be so frustrating hun, go get another one or book an appointment for blood test at your docs as that's way more accurate and they can give u a definite yes/no.

fx'd for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->