What does hiccups feel like...could this be it?

MissTanya

Due on 23rd March 2010
Reaction score
I've posted on the second tri, but thought you may be better to ask here! :flower:

Last night, at first it felt like baby kicks...but they kept coming regularly one after the other for a few minutes. Once I soon realised it wasn;t baby kicking my pelvic area, it actually felt like a heart beat down there. I wondered if baby was pressing on something (like a vein) making me feel my own heart beat down there? Then I took my pulse on my neck to compare them and they were totally out of sync. The pulse down there was slower. It eventually died away and I wondered if it was baby hiccuping??

It has just happened again now.

What do you think? What does it feel like for you when your baby hiccups??? Like...how do you really know?!
:flower:

my bubbas hiccups feel like little wee kicks very low down but are fast one after the other and i can count about 20 in a row, she gets them most days!!
greedy little monkey :cloud9:

My LO hiccups all the time....well, not literally, but sometimes a couple of episodes a day :D

Hiccups feel very different to other movements and kicks - tiny, regular 'movements' in one place for a few minutes at a time. They're much slower than a heartbeat, and as the weeks go by you'll probably feel them more regularly and be able to differentiate easily between hiccups and kicks :)

My LO hiccups all the time....well, not literally, but sometimes a couple of episodes a day :D

Hiccups feel very different to other movements and kicks - tiny, regular 'movements' in one place for a few minutes at a time. They're much slower than a heartbeat, and as the weeks go by you'll probably feel them more regularly and be able to differentiate easily between hiccups and kicks :)

Thanks Snoopy...then I wonder if I am right and they are hiccups! Thats how they happened, in the one place for a few minutes, were slower than my heart beat (but sort of felt like a pulse slowly beating away down there).

It is very exciting. I do hope to get more and as you said, then I'll soon be able to tell for sure :thumbup:

Oh yes, you're almost certain to get more! The novelty will soon wear off though, esp if your LO become a bit of a violent mover anyway, like mine :D Seriously though, it's a lovely feeling and makes a change from being booted in the ribs. I always imagine my LO has a shocked look on her face each time she hiccups.

I always imagine my LO has a shocked look on her face each time she hiccups.
!
What a lovely image that gave me! hahaha. :flower:

YEah, hiccups feels like a heartbeat, i love feeling it...i get it frequently.:happydance:

Aww sounds like hiccups lol

It's so wierd the first few times as yeah, it is a bit like a heartbeat - so regular! My bump gets them most days for about 1 or 2 mins at a time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->