What does morning sickness feel like?

Good idea wanna... I have my first appointment with my OB on friday but if it continues to be terrible I will call the nurse

Oh my good lord girls, I guess I didnt need to ask what it felt like.... I AM DEFINITELY A NUMBER 3 )': I cant keep anything down all day and I have been awake in bed for 9 hours because im too sick to do anything else. IS THIS NORMAL?!?! :cry: I called the nurse and she said if I still cant keep anything down to call in 2 days and they may have to rehydrate me.

I am sipping on gatorade all day and I didnt puke for like 4 hours... and now I just did. I am pretty sure I threw up all that gatorade. Did my body still get the hydration from it even though I threw it up? X_x

I don't think your body can recover quickly enough if you threw up what you drank. Try little sips every once in a while instead of big sip/gulps.

My morning sickness is like a ticking time bomb. Once I get hungry, I have a matter of about 5-10 mins. to eat SOMETHING otherwise I immediately get nauseous and can't eat.

Hopefully your ms doesn't stick around for too long, and lets up a bit! Have you tried ginger ale or any morning sickness/queasy tummy candies? My DH bought me "tummy drops" from Amazon (the ginger ones) and they actually help.

So sorry emi if you cant keep anything down make sure you call like they said being dehydrated is a big deal and you dont want that to happen im so sorry your feeling so bad

I don't think your body can recover quickly enough if you threw up what you drank. Try little sips every once in a while instead of big sip/gulps.

My morning sickness is like a ticking time bomb. Once I get hungry, I have a matter of about 5-10 mins. to eat SOMETHING otherwise I immediately get nauseous and can't eat.

Hopefully your ms doesn't stick around for too long, and lets up a bit! Have you tried ginger ale or any morning sickness/queasy tummy candies? My DH bought me "tummy drops" from Amazon (the ginger ones) and they actually help.

Thank you, I really hope it eases up,idk how I am going to work like this! Thats how I felt this morning,like I didnt get out of bed to get something to eat quick enough and it was all over from there.

I am going to see if OH will take me to BabiesRUs to get those preggiepops. I hope they help. Also I LOVE ginger but i tried some in my smoothie this morning and it didnt help. I will look for some of those ginger candies that I love :) thank you!

I know when i went to cvs to get my sea bands they had some kimd of ginger gum didnt get any just thought i would mention it nurse to me lemon helps nausea and she said snack every 2 hours dont just eat meals i have been eatimg dry cereal between meals seems to help

The gum was by the anti nausea stuff not with other candy amd gum

My doctor suggested unisom and vitb6. It helps me! They sell it as an RX in the UK for morning sickess. It at least makes the feeling manageable.

My OB prescribed me promethazine, and I got kind of mad because its a class C drug but upon research its used first to treat MS, before zofran sometimes. I havent taken it, I am very hesistant to. I want to just take it when I am puking a lot to calm that down, but since its a antihistamine its gonna knock me out! So idk, sounds like I am going to have to just deal with this and keep trying new natural remedies. I honestly did not know MS was going to be this miserable LOL what was I thinking?!?! :p Oh well its worth it :)

I feel like I am sickly hungry but then when I eat I get super nauseas. -_-

What is morning sickness? In my experience this time its...
HELL haha but am greatful at same time. I started just being fussy with food, then was sick every morning, and now its all day everyday and night time, I'm struggling to keep food down. I'm trying all different natural remedies as am not keen on taking medication while pregnant. Wish you all the best. I live on the hope it might disappear tomorrow haha! Let's dream xxx

I'm only 2 weeks or so (I'm guessing) and I already have morning sickness. Is that normal? It really hits hard when I wake up. Like I'll be napping and I'll wake up and almost have to run to the bathroom! It strikes randomly throughout the day too I'll feel super hungry but won't feel like eating anything. Normal this early??

When was your last af? And im sure its normal the nurse at my doc said eat small snacks every 2 hours to help with it and it really works ill eat a fruit cup or some dry cereal and it def helps calm it down

Yes its normal, I think it just means your hcg hormones are high :) i agree with Wanna, just snack all the time it helps... GL

Thanks! I am back to work this week but my boss changed my schedule so that I work at noon to close because she knows I have MS. Thats really nice of her (even though it probably benefits her in some way) but I am more worried about being completely EXHASUTED the last few hours of work and having to stay peppy and talk to people. I think I would actually rather work in the mornings, but we will see how it goes lol. Happy 7 weeks to you!

Thanks!! Thats was nice of her to try to help you out just see how it goes and maybe let her know if mornings would be better for you in the end hope it goes ok.

Oh yeah, with this baby, MS started at 5 weeks STRONG. I did end up in the ER for dehydration (3 iv bags!) and diagnosed with Hypermesis, so it can get ugly quick! I am on Zofran, twice a day to keep me sane. It doesn't always help, I am still puking 1-2 times a day, but it's a relief from puking 4 times + a day. Some days i get lucky and don't puke, but I definitely have that hangover feeling all day. Sip on water. Snack on fruits that contain lots of water (watermelon, oranges - plump fruit) and veggies with high water content (cucumber, celery, lemon) and sip water slowly all day. I get SO gaggy with water, that if I take a big gulp, I immediately have to go barf. Avoid caffeine as it counteracts with staying hydrated. I found soft foods to work the best (oatmeal, soups, mashed potatoes) since if I DO have to puke, it's way easier than trying to barf up meat or hard pieces of food. Typing this is already making me sick LOL Just hang in there and listen to your body! I found mixing cranberry juice w/water and ice was heaven sent.

When you are pregnant everything you enjoyed prior to pregnant was good to you and now it can taste horrible.
I like to eat ice cream now I can't stomach it. UGH

Oh yeah, with this baby, MS started at 5 weeks STRONG. I did end up in the ER for dehydration (3 iv bags!) and diagnosed with Hypermesis, so it can get ugly quick! I am on Zofran, twice a day to keep me sane. It doesn't always help, I am still puking 1-2 times a day, but it's a relief from puking 4 times + a day. Some days i get lucky and don't puke, but I definitely have that hangover feeling all day. Sip on water. Snack on fruits that contain lots of water (watermelon, oranges - plump fruit) and veggies with high water content (cucumber, celery, lemon) and sip water slowly all day. I get SO gaggy with water, that if I take a big gulp, I immediately have to go barf. Avoid caffeine as it counteracts with staying hydrated. I found soft foods to work the best (oatmeal, soups, mashed potatoes) since if I DO have to puke, it's way easier than trying to barf up meat or hard pieces of food. Typing this is already making me sick LOL Just hang in there and listen to your body! I found mixing cranberry juice w/water and ice was heaven sent.

You poor thing ): I cant even imagine! The day MS hit me, I was like that and it was SO MISERABLE but since then I have been nauseated but nothing severe. I was so scared that first day that it was going to be like that everyday. I guess I am lucky that it has eased up.. is yours starting to feel any better yet?

When was your last af? And im sure its normal the nurse at my doc said eat small snacks every 2 hours to help with it and it really works ill eat a fruit cup or some dry cereal and it def helps calm it down

It was Nov 10. My period trackers all say I should have gotten it yesterday so I'm just waiting to see if it shows up late. But I've never had nausea or anything like that before AF so idk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->