what does the midwife mean, i feel silly but i dont understand

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
well

i had my 32 week appoinment today everything is great, Aidans heartbeat was between 140-160 and he was measuring dead on 32 weeks so thats great. and what is also great is he has started to engage :happydance: so he is being a good boy and co-operating and my body seems to be doing something right cos the MW says he is doing perfectly :D

this is the bit that throws me the midwife says he is 2/5 ths engaged. And i dont understand what she means. I feel stupid for asking but can anyone explain it to me please :blush:
xx

It means that 2/5ths of his head is above the brim your pelvis ie 3/5th are below. You're almost engaged!
x

It means she can only feel 2/5ths of his head which means your lil boy is almost totally engaged. 1/5 or 0/5ths is seen as deeply engaged or completely engaged. My lil bubba was 2/5ths engaged at 34 weeks but has now become breech. i'm booked for a c-section :-(

It means she can only feel 2/5ths of his head which means your lil boy is almost totally engaged. 1/5 or 0/5ths is seen as deeply engaged or completely engaged. My lil bubba was 2/5ths engaged at 34 weeks but has now become breech. i'm booked for a c-section :-(

aww im sorry hunni. Naughty bubba. I hope the c section goes ok though sweetie :hug:
xx

Good news, hope he stays that way!! They can move still though and engage and disengage up until labour.

Mine started to engage at your stage then she popped back out. But its good! Maybe your little boy won't be as stubborn as my girly

Yeah like everyone else has said, you're not far off fully engaged! x

:yipee: Thats awsome for you!!
My LO has been on the 'brim' for aaaaaaaggggeeeessss!! I dont think he's going anywhere anytime soon!!

Yeah just what everyone else said. Hopefully he stays there :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->