what does ur OH make of hypno birthing?

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
mines being supportive and hes read the book and understands and agrees with the logic. were yet to practice any techniques or exercises together. i think hes dreading this bit.

im just wondering how others OHs are handeling it tho?

i honestly envisage that on the day mine will be 100% supportive and will try to do the hypno thing for me but i think hell struggle as hes a joker by nature, it will be quite unnatural for him to be all serious and hes also quite a hyper person. we already do silly little role plays about the day:blush:.
im sure on the day ill end up doing most of the relaxation on my own and telling him to go read a book or play his ipod or something. i dont mind this as long as hes there for me and not putting me off too much.

Mine practices with me maybe once or twice a week. He likes the logic etc and is fully on board. I think his only cOncern is really how we use the texhniques on the day and will he get it wrong. I've told him we will take it as it comes because I've not done it before either!!

my oh not into it, he called it my hippy shit!! lol, wasnt so shit when my labour was very calm etc (apart from the ambulance transfer to hospital lol). i basically told him how i wanted labour to be and what i wanted him to do especially during transition if i lost it (which i didnt), i prefer to deal with the pain by myself anyway rather than being coached or touched.

Mines into to to the point he's read passages that ive given him and we've discussed things at length and he knows what to do/say and what not to do/ say :)... but we're not gonna do the whole scenarios together while in hospital...its just not our style..iukwim? No Whale music for me :haha: (sorry,no offence :))

I think everyone needs to find what works for them and use the techniques accordingly. Looking forward to it now, to be honest... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->