What does your babys hb sound like on doppler?

chrisi

1st Trimester
Reaction score
Helloooo

I have eventually found my babys heart beat with my doppler, I first thought I found it on Monday but kept doubting that it was until last night i heard it at exactly same place (under my belly button slightly to the left) and it was exactly the same sound! My only concern is that it doesnt sound as fast as what others have said, and it didnt sound like galloping horses either. It sounded like a normal heart beat. At first I was convinced it was my own, but i dont think it is atall as It is a little faster than mine and i can only hear it at the same spot! :cloud9: I am confused but more than sure it is the babys hb!

I would appreciate your opinions/experience with your dopplers and what it sounded like etc?? Many Thanks.

Christine xxx

My bubba sounds like a train tearing down the tracks.

if u go on utube u can hear them on there hun,better than explaining it, u can maybe hear ur own hb, listern to ur own then the one uv found,the babies is very fast, try not to panic tho i cudnt find my LO till 16wk xxxx

yeah I went on yout tube type in baby heartbeat 16 weeks or 20 weeks or whatever you are - Mine seems to have got a lot louder as the weeks go by I first found it, rewind my HUSBAND found it on Valentines day so I was around 9-10 weeks or something cant remember but its fairly distinctive from your own - very fast!

Heya hun, probably best time time it - if the beat is abut double yours, then it's the baby.
If it's less than that, then probably isn't the baby - a rate slightly higher than yours is likely to be you because you're excited and eager to hear it.

I find it hard to find because I have an anterior placenta, so there are lots of blood vessels in the same area, and my heartbat is really strong all over the area where you would look for the baby. At your stage, the doctor heard it, but we could hear mine and the baby's behind it, as it were. I have a 3 types of distinctive sounding HBs there, I think it's just different blood vessels.

Also, it's likely to be a fair way below your belly button, closer to the pubic bone.

i used to put two fingers on my pulse (on my neck) and listen to the heartbeat at the same time, the baby's heartbeat is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than your own pulse, and once you hear it you'll know for sure, it makes our own hearts sound like they are about to stop because they're so slow lol! xxxx

I'd look right down by your pubic bone - I can still only find my baby's hb there, probably because I have an anterior placenta. She either sounds like a steam train or a galloping horse. Nothing like my heartbeat. I can also pick up the placenta and the umblical cord, both of which sound very wooshy, like waves on a beach. I always time mine, and she's always about 152, so I know it's her and not my pulse!

You probably heard the voice of the fluids from the placenta through the umbilical cord. It sounded very close to my own heartbeat and had a whooshy watery sound in it when I heard it on my Level 2 ultrasound!

However, the sound of the blood flowing in the uterus is very much in rhyme with your own heartbeat. So you may be listening to the sounds made by the vessels close to your placenta!

Baby's heart beat would be much faster than yours and will sound like 2 beats... One strong beat and one little beat! Like horses galloping... HTH! :hugs:

Here you go - at 15 weeks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0c8fzjAlpM

I'd look right down by your pubic bone - I can still only find my baby's hb there, probably because I have an anterior placenta. She either sounds like a steam train or a galloping horse. Nothing like my heartbeat. I can also pick up the placenta and the umblical cord, both of which sound very wooshy, like waves on a beach. I always time mine, and she's always about 152, so I know it's her and not my pulse!

I heard wooshing like waves on the beach, wondered what that was! Thanks x

Mine sounds exactly like becstars but that wowowow in the background is a lot more prominent; its definitely baby thpugh as I've timed it and the slowest it ever was was 124 I think but its usually in the 160 region...

Mine sounds just like Becstars too its like a wowwowwow and its normally around 153bpm ( i have the FHR display too). But once or twice it has sounded like a galloping horse - always on the days I havent got my phone near me to record it!!!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->