What does your LO eat? approx 10 months?

nikki-lou25

Reaction score
I went to see the HV today as Aimee's not wanting her milk at the moment. She previously had 2 7oz bottles morning and night. Baby clinic was a waste of my time tbh, I wanted to make sure I was feeding her ok.

The HV asked me if her portions were too big but thats all. She was running a baby clinic on her own and and was "in a rush" and she hadn't been told by the HV I spoke to on the phone that I was going so tbh I didn't find her of any help what so ever!
:nope: She didnt have time to answer questions, only time to fire a few suggestions at me like try smaller portions so she'll want milk or let her use a sippy instead of bottle??
She told me Aimee should be having approx 20oz formula each day (which I was told last time I went) but I'm lucky if she has 10 :shrug: She will only have 3oz at the most in her bottles, I do try getting some in her food too (porridge, weetabix etc)

I've tried to move her off jars as much as possible - they were costing a fortune and they aren't nice at all (I didn't realise they tasted so gross) I wanted Aimee to start eating what we ate or things we had in that are quick to do for her. Could you please share typically what you LO has each day? I am worried about a balanced diet as jars are made up in correct quantities etc.

I'm a confused Mummy - jars were so much easier :blush:

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be much help hun as we do BLW but Violet has x3 8oz bottles a day (although it varies between her taking 6-8oz of each).

Typically, she'll eat:

8am - 8oz bottle (which she'll take 6-8oz of)
9.30/10am - Small bowl of cereal with yogurt (a thin layer of cereal and about 5 spoons of yogurt)
1pm - slice of toast (whole slice), handful of blueberries and handful of red and green grapes and a pineapple finger (my handful size not hers lol)
3pm - 8oz bottle (which she'll take 6-8oz of)
7.30pm - dinner (whatever we have). A good 3 serving spoons worth
8/8.30pm - 8oz bottle (which she'll take 6-8oz of)

Do you offer milk before solids at all? If not maybe you could try that. Will your LO take less milk per feed but maybe more often?

We're also doing BLW so again not sure how much help this will be

7.30am - bf
8am - porridge - she has nearly 40g porridge with 120ml milk which is a pretty large portion
12pm - slice of toast, crumpet, pancake with dairylea, puree, fruit spread, peanut butter etc spread on it. Handful of raisens
2.30pm - bf
5.30pm - a smaller portion of whatever we're having. I just make sure it doesn't have too much salt in it but it can be anything from thai curry to lasagne
7pm - bf

I actually think I am giving her pretty similar foods to what you ladies are feeding your LOs.
I have started offering milk before breakfast, she does seem to do a little better since I started that.

I am going to try upping her milk intake by givin her an extra bottle midday tomorrow and seeing what she does :)

Ruby eats very similarly to Aisling and Violet.:)

But recently, she will only take her 2.30pm bottle if we're at home, oddly, so lots of days she has under the 'recommended' amount of formula and I don't stress about it to be honest, she's a good weight. (some days that means she only has 12-14oz.)

My 10 month old is mainly breastfed, but is offered solids throughout the day.

He'll have a little of lots of things - maybe 10 shreddies and a chunk of apple for breaskfast. A few mouthfuls of sandwich at lunch. A couple of raisins as a snack, a dozen mouthfuls of whatever we eat at dinner.

Ou LO is just shy of 9 months, but his daily food intake is approx:

7 am 6-7oz bottle
9 am Porridge / weetabix made with couple of oz cow milk
11.30 am Lunch- pureed vegetables / meat and a youghurt if still hungry
3 pm 6-8oz bottle
6 pm Dinner - again pureed vegetables & meat
7.30 pm 6-7oz bottle

I am offering him lots of finger foods and snacks as well and trying to get him to take lumpy foods, but he seems to like his smooth purees and gags when given lumpy food (but he can suck the life out of a slice of toast)

Thank-you ladies, I feel much better about what shes eating now.

She's had 5oz before bed tonight so I am please...wondering if new bottle teats that I bought today have anything to do with the increase! I'm happy today!

Grady's days vary...
Wakeup - 7-9oz bottle
Breakfast - Toast/Oatmeal/English Muffin/Bagel, something on it, and then some fruit.
Snack - Fruit/something dairy - usually yogurt, or cheese.
Lunch - Varies... sometimes a sandwich with meat and cheese, sometimes grilled cheese, pasta, etc.. Just depends what I'm in the mood to make. Either a fruit or veg to go with.
Snack - just something small, and depends on when he wakes up from his nap.. too close to dinner, nothing.
Dinner - usually some of what we're having, unless it's not good for him.. different things all the time though. fish sticks, chicken fingers, veg, potato, rice, noodles, etc.
Bedtime - 7oz bottle.

He's not hitting the 20oz mark, but my doctor said as long as i'm making sure he's getting lots of dairy through the day...

I have tried giving him milk in the sippy cup throughout the day - he's on homo/whole milk now - and that helps sometimes. Plus he has usually 1-2 sippy cups throughout the day with water, and sometimes I give him a bit of juice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->