What does your p5 wear

alibaba24

Reaction score
Bit of an odd question I know..

Basically my daughter is heading into p5 after the holidays. My friend told me recently that her daughter ( my daughters friend) said she wont be wearing pleated skirts or anything to school in p5 just skinny Jean's etc

Now this little girl is very fashion conscious and that's fine she loves it and my daughter doesn't give two hoots what she wears. But it got me thinking after chatting to my friend that seems to be what p5 wear ? Is p5 a more " grown up" kinda style ?! Here was me looking at pleated skirts and pinafores. Now I don't want my daughter being self conscious of what she wears however I don't want her looking baby ish to her peers :( I absolutely don't want to encourage her to worry about what shes wearing and I usually choose her clothes as she has no interest whatsoever in clothes.
I wasnt expecting skinny Jean's and pencil skirts until high school !

So what does your p5 wear to school?

Didnt want to read and run hun, but didnt know what P5 is, obviously it's a year group at school and we call it something different, but what age group is it? And is it like our schools in the UK with compulsory uniform or not? Maybe I can help if I know more lol

Didnt want to read and run hun, but didnt know what P5 is, obviously it's a year group at school and we call it something different, but what age group is it? And is it like our schools in the UK with compulsory uniform or not? Maybe I can help if I know more lol

P5 is 8-10 years old roughly in Scotland, I think it is Year 4 in the rest of the UK. :)

Ahhh yes 8-10 years old here in wales would be years 4 and 5 and I think age 10 to 11 would be year 6 if my maths is correct lol my daughter who will be going into year 3, first year juniors however you want to look at it and she will wear and have always worn...

Polo shirts
School cardigan with logo
Pinafores/skirts
School trousers
Shes never worn skinny Jean's or anything but she has worn black leggings. My daughter is super trendy and she always takes note on what others are wearing, not in a low confidence sort of way she enjoys looking good! She has never looked baby ish in what she wears infact she looks more growth up I think! (Biast parent alert) she does also wear pencil skirts which look absolutely gorgeous on her, and doesn't make her look too old either. I find a lot of the younger children in the nursery part of the school wears more leggings and skinny Jean's, the older kids dont except for leggings, well gym leggings in the craze at the moment

I think it's what the school will allow and what your child is comfortable in :)

Last edited:
My daughter is going into p5 and she has to wear a skirt or pinafore (or school trousers but she has never worn a pair in her life) She has 2 skirts and 2 bib type pinafores, as well as a pair of school shorts that she wears with tights underneath. Shirt and tie on non PE days and just a polo shirt on PE days. They're not allowed to wear leggings or skinny jeans.. I think it's smart, I had to send her in leggings one day and I didn't like it at all!

My daughter has worn black leggings a few times and that's been ok. I worry about pencil skirts riding up if they have to sit on the floor . I really over think these things ‍♀️

We are very much school uniform only in all the schools in my area, having said that my sister noticed a big difference in the style of skirts her daughter's would wear in p5, no more pinifores, far more shaped skirts. This said my friends daughter begins p5 in August and still loves her pinifores with lycra shorts under, my friend is hoping she has another year or so before she becomes clothing aware!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->