What does your ten month old eat?

weejenb

Reaction score
Hi all,

My LO is (almost) ten months, and recently I've noticed a HUGE leap in his appetite. He's starting waking up at 4/5am for his bottle, when previously it was 6am, and I'm sooo tired :nope: this is what his daily food intake is normally like - does it seem like he is having enough food throughout the day? He certainly never cries with hunger and I'm good at recognising his hungry cues. I'm just wondering if I should be offering more.He is also CMPI so his diet has to be milk/dairy free.

4/5/6am: 8oz bottle
7ish am:1 Weetabix with 3oz formula.
Maybe a snack at around 9am, like toast or fruit or raisins
9.30/10.30am: 8oz bottle
12pm: Lunch. Either an Ella's Kitchen pouch or something like chicken and rice, sandwiches, etc.
2pm: 8oz bottle
3/4pm: Snack like a fruit pot or rice cakes
5pm: Dinner - usually something like potatoes, broccoli, carrots, chicken, etc.
5.30/6pm: 8oz bottle

Tonight I gave him another Weetabix with formula right before he went to bed at 6.30, which he ate happily and wasn't sick from or anything. Its an attempt to keep him a bit fuller for longer so hopefully he won't wake up so early, the early starts are killing me and are throwing him off majorly. I know its a bit of an old wives tale but I'm really hoping it works!!

I'm going through the same thing!! My LO has her morning bottle at 7am when we wake up for the day however the past few weeks she has been waking up for the day at 5!! It's horrible. I'm refusing to get in to that habit so we leave her to it and she will eventually fall back to sleep around 6 until 7am.

She's waking more in the night too but I'm confident in what she is eating. I think she's just going through a horrible teething phase and the clock change really put her out.

Your LO sounds like he is having the perfect combo too. My LO has three 7 oz bottles a day and similar foods as yours. X

I'm going through the same thing!! My LO has her morning bottle at 7am when we wake up for the day however the past few weeks she has been waking up for the day at 5!! It's horrible. I'm refusing to get in to that habit so we leave her to it and she will eventually fall back to sleep around 6 until 7am.

She's waking more in the night too but I'm confident in what she is eating. I think she's just going through a horrible teething phase and the clock change really put her out.

Your LO sounds like he is having the perfect combo too. My LO has three 7 oz bottles a day and similar foods as yours. X

I'm loving the age he is right now, its very fun but also very demanding!

I thought it was just the clock change throwing him off at first, but he is genuinely hungry, he won't calm down until he's fed. Sometimes I can get him back to sleep but other times its very much wakey wakey time!!

That's loads compared to how much I can get Charlotte to eat :( I offer her very similar meals at similar timings but she refuses most things except baby porridge, super smooth purree and custard. She still wakes up for 3 feeds though, and only snacks on milk in the day.
People always say food for one for fun, but then all the babies I hear about who sleep through eat a hell of a lot more solids than my baby!
Interested to hear if the addition of the weetabix before bed helps over the course of the next week xxx

Same here, icklemonster - that's way more than my DS2 will eat too. He suffers from constipation like our 1st DS did and I think that affects his appetite, but I only remember him once managing to eat a whole Ella's Kitchen pouch in one sitting, and that caused him to get constipated again :shrug:

Normally I end up distracting him and playing with toys to get him to finish even half portions of what has been described above. This would explain why he is so low down on the %ile charts!

Weird!! Nearly 10mth old started bk to a night feed at 4/5am over the last week!!

Growth spurt time for then all?

Lo eats:
4/5am 5/6ozs
9am: porridge/muesli/cereal, 6dsp dry with formula
11.30: 1x toast with butter, apple or pear
1pm: beans on toast/pouch/pasta and banana biscuit x 2
3.30: fruit/organix snacks
5pm: weetabix and banana biscuits with formula
8pm: 8oz formula

Water offered every hour
(Not a lot of formula on dietician instruction ) x

Users who are viewing this thread