What else can I do :(

May55

Reaction score
This month was the 13th month of TTC... we have a 3.5 year old son who was conceived (sorry to say the usual) very easily.. while on birth control. Over a month ago I was diagnosed with mild Pcos.. Started Metformin immediatly..I take 2000mg/day. Im at a loss for what to do.. I am in my 20's...I am an average weight, I do not smoke or do drugs..have some wine every now and then.. I take vitamins and eat well.. This month this is what ive done :
Taking Soy Isoflavones CD 3-7 150mg
Metformin 2000mg/day
Prenatals, 1 a day
BBT charting (all over the place showing nothing)
OPKS (never positive, always close)
Using preseed

What else can I do? I cant seem to get any help :( because yes weve tried for 13 months but in October we had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. :( so it hasnt been another full year. ..Im just so discouraged..as it goes ; everyone around me, everyone I know is getting pregnant and I am just getting more and more sad each month. :(

I think the next step, if treatment for your PCOS doesn't help you O, is to take fertility medication, but some of the ladies who have a similar diagnosis should be able to advise you further.

Hello I also have PCOS. You may want to research the PCOS diet. It can be difficult for some but can help regulate hormones. It is no sugar/ refined carbs, no gluten and no dairy. You can do some easy internet research on why the diet helps regulate hormones. Some other supplements you should consider and research: inositol, b complex, vitamin D, magnesium.

Also, I recommend charting your basal body temperature. This way you can pinpoint your ovulation date and detect issues like low progesterone or luteal phase defect.

Acupuncture has helped many women on this site as well. Good luck!

I had thin PCOS before I conceived my DD. All labs were fine although testosterone tiny bit elevated. I am of normal to thin weight, had a great diet (I'm a dietitian so I should know!), but my body refused to ovulate after coming off birth control. I ended up on fertility drugs that helped me ovulate and then I conceived naturally between IUI cycles (it's like the drugs helped my body figure out what to do). I'd recommend asking your doctor again to either begin testing or refer you to someone who will. If you're already charting your BBT and know your cycle is not right, then what's the point in wasting time? Sounds like you need some labs done to figure out what's going on.

thank you very much for your response.. that is exactly what seems to have happened to me.. i stopped taking birth control and suddently my body didnt know what to to anymore..:( The last time I spoke to my doctor (before I was finally diagnosed with PCOS) she just kept telling me I had to keep trying and it wasjust my body regulating off birth control...despite me telling her even BBT charting showed NO ovulation, she only sent me to an endo because I demanded it..maybe need a change in doctors to get any help..:(

I have been bbt charting as stated above.. it shows no sign of ovulation. Ive been thinking about acupuncture actually.. willing to try anything at this point..thanks

Hi hun! I hav mild Pcos too and I tried soy iso for two cycles then i asked my doctor about it. He told me that soy will make things worse for me so i stopped playing around with it. Ask your doc to give you clomid if you think that u not ovulating.

For Pcos, vitex is really good at regulating cycles and its safe to take with metformin. My cycles are regular but i have high testosterone so im taking saw palmetto this cycle with metformin. Will see what happens this cycle:happydance:

Hi there,

I don't have any experience with PCOS, but I wanted to pop i and say I know how you feel. We are on our 12th cycle ttc, but so far all tests have come back normal. I completely understand the feeling of thinking that you aren't doing enough. I have tried tempings, OPKs, prenatals, herbal supplements, preseed, essential oils, lifting my hips after dtd, not taking hot baths during the tww etc. I literally felt that I had tried everything and honestly looking back some of the things were downright crazy.

What has been helping me lately is counting down the days until we can go back to our RE to hopefully book a laproscopy. That is still 6 months away (October), but for some reason i feel that once we start fertility treatments that it WILL happen for us. We are still trying naturally of course, but it makes me feel better to know that once I get through this summer "help is on the way" so to speak.

If you are feeling like it wont happen naturally, I would try and get another appt with an RE sooner than a year. FX that you see your BFP soon!!

Thanks, I didnt think I would try Soy again.. been looking into maybe trying vitex but might just harrass my doctor untill she listens lol..she really just seems to think that things work out on their own all the time.. :/ hope this cycle works out for you!

Thats just what I feel, like nothing is enough but then when i take a step back its like...im nuts lol. Trying to build up the energy to argue with my doctor at this point... she has not even followed up with me since I was diagnosed with PCOS (by an endo because she didnt believe anything was wrong).. TTC seems to be all counting to, and counting down! lol Good luck to you!! hope your BFP shows even before you see your RE.

all the docs are the same, trust me! they all think it will happen naturally if u try for couple years but they donno how it effects us mentally trying for years. My doc told me to lose weight and keep trying even tho im not obese or anything. Then i argued with him to get metformin:dohh:

This is our 8th month, first month on met i was super hopeful but then lost that hope pretty quick. My doc will check my hormone levels next month and hopefully give me clomid. Thats the only thing left :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->