What else can I do?

KasB

Reaction score
I am new to this site and have been trying to concieve for almost 2 years. I have a beutiful daughter, but my husband is not her biological father. We use an ovulation tracker, preseed, opk's and bbt's. I feel like I am doing everything except standing on my head. Three months a go got a positive hpt just to find out 5 days later I had a chemical pregnancy. We are scheduled for and IUI in December, but really would like to concieve on our own. I have had an HSG and regular ultrasouds as well as DH has had semen analysis everything came back with in normal limits. Any adviced would be greatly welcomed!! It is getting harder to cope when friends are all coming up pregnant with out trying.:wacko: I apprciate any help!!:winkwink:

Hi and welcome! :flower:

How old are you hun? Are your cycles regular and did you find from BBT that you are ovving? Do you have any spotting or other irregularities?

All I can say is welcome to the secondary infertility forum - we are in the same boat for the most part, and we are all looking for a magic wand somewhere. I have tried "trying" "relaxing" ttc, ntnp, bbt, checking cm, cp, opks....

So baby dust :dust: to you, and keep us posted! :hugs:

I am 27 and yes my temps say I O every month as well as an ultrasound confirmed it. Have you tried any fertility treatments? and thank you for responding

Hey y'all! My husband and I have been ttc for over 3 years and nothing. We have a 11yr beautiful little girl and would love to add to our little family. We have tried everything we know to. Do y'all have any suggestions for me. I am 31 and overweight. I know it is hard to conceive being overweight, but I was the same when we got pregnant with our daugther. Please help if you can!!! :(

I have low progesterone, so I have been on and off progesterone supplements a few times. I tried soy isoflavones but they didn't work. I have had cd3 and cd21 tests and ultrasounds and the doctor even put me on the pill for three months as he thought that would kick start my fertility, but no.

Sorry to hear about your low progesterone dumb question but what exactly does that mean?? I have a specalist but have to drive 3 hours to get to him so lots of questions have not got answered:nope: If you ovulate can you still have low progeterone and I am sorry yall have not been able to concieve after 3 years how do you keep your sanity?

Progesterone is produced after ovulation and it works like a kind of glue which keeps the womb lining in place. A healthy woman has high levels of progesterone during the last 2 weeks of the cycle, then if there is no pregnancy, the levels drop sharply and that triggers your period. If you've got low progesterone levels it usually means that your period arrives quite soon after ov instead of 2 weeks later. I start to spot at 8dpo every month. My AF arrives usually on 11dpo, but has been as short as 9 dpo. So basically this means it's difficult for a fertilised egg to implant, because the womb lining is already starting to shred. :(

Low progesterone can be connected to poor ovulation, but if you don't ov at all then your progesterone levels will be low yeah, but if you didn't ov there won't be a fertilised egg anyway. It's also connected with vitamin B deficiency and age :( I'm 38.

Having said that, it doesn't make you completely infertile, just makes it harder. I was on progesterone supplements for the first tri of my first pregnancy, and a few times while TTC no.2. I am going to take them again this cycle and FX they work!

I don't think I had any sanity to begin with tbh! :haha:

Thanks for the info!!:flower: Have you tried IUI or any other fertility treatments. My doctor seems to think that is out next step but maybe I should recheck my progesterone levels.

no, and I wouldn't. I couldn't deal with the stress tbh. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->