What Else Do We Have In Common, Besides Age! LOL

dachsundmom

Mommy To A Needy Husband
Reaction score
Hi Ladies-

After being on this site for almost a month, I've realized that we all no more about each other's "female parts" than our DH/OH do, lol. So in keeping with the tradition, let's see what else we have in common or interesting things about each other, that have nothing to do with TTC; let's lighten the load a little! :happydance:

I am 38, TTC my 2nd, I have a 14yo DD. I know, nuts! Just about to get my freedom back and start paying college tuition, so why am I punishing myself? Lol. I am the proud mother to 2 dogs and a cat, but I will admit here that I like my doxie just a little bit better than my lab, even though my doxie (Porkchop) has the attitude of a very grumpy old man!

I went back to school about 3 years ago and completed my degree in March, so I am currently just chugging away at my office! When I am not obsessed with TTC (which is never), I love to read, watch the Food Network, and shop! The shopping displeases my DH, but what can a girl do? I gotta stay pretty! lol :thumbup:

What are your hobbies and interests? Do you have pets or is your DH/OH enough? lol...Oh, and when I am not near OV or TWW, I love a good bottle of wine. :hugs:

Ok,I will go next,have four kids age 5,8,10,and 12,also have a cat,a fish,two hamsters,four rabbits and a husband:haha:,he works bloody hard to get us all wot we want but sometimes I wud like to see a little bit more of him.I am a dental nurse but haven't worked for ever,I joined slimming world seven weeks ago and have lost 18 pounds.I don't drink at all except maybe Xmas wen I enjoy a pear cider and fall fast asleep on the setee:haha:I love good food and long autumn walks.I love my kids and hubby dearly and most of the time I think they love me too,:hugs::hugs:Sorry I am almost 44 and dh is 46 and I have had nine mc's,xxxxx

Love this thread :)

Well DH & I are both 40 and have no children so are trying for #1. We have 3 cats ranging from 15 years old down to 2 years old and 4 dogs ranging from 3.5 years old down to 14 months old (their breeds are Rottweiler, Lurcher, German Shepherd X Northern Inuit and a Greyhound X German Shepherd/Great Dane) and many people think they are child substitutes :shrug: We also have 4 fish or the cats' TV as we call it :)

I used to be a veterinary nurse but since marrying DH 4 years ago I have been a housewife and loving it :) My hobbies include cooking & baking; needle-crafts (crochet, patchwork and cross stitch); reading, walking my hooligans; and off-roading

Cool, nice to get to know you better ladies. I.m a professional sculptor, ex film industry but now I live in Spain I specialize in portrait busts and commissions. You can see my work here if you like www.sirrensculpture.com I also teach English classes when needs must. My OH is also an artist and gardener. I´m English, he is French and we live in Northern Spain. We have one very bad tempered cat, but no dogs as I´m allergic, but as I said on another post if I don´t get my BFP soon I´m buying a rabbit.
I am 38 now, and OH is 34, we started trying nearly two years ago and I have had two mc, the next time will hopefully be our first child.

I agree this is a nice thread. I am 37 and 7+5 with my very first pregnancy. I have a beautiful, well-behaved cocker spaniel who's nearly 9 and is an absolute joy. I enjoy playing my piano, reading (mainly crime fiction) and get through at least one book a week. I love cooking/baking and generally being very houseproud! :winkwink:. I currently work in Academia but recently qualified as a professional florist for fun. I just wanted to learn something completely different so that I could explore my creative side. In the past I have worked as a fitness instructor but it wasn't enough to live on; at least I was slimmer than I am now!! The plan was to go back to University this Autumn to study for an English Literature degree but now that I am pregnant I'm not sure if that's going to happen!

I am really enjoying my time on this forum and if I've said it once I've said it a hundred times: you ladies have been a pillar of support these last couple of months. I couldn't wish for nicer people. :hugs::hugs:

I love this thread too!! :hugs:

I'm a seventh grade reading & language arts teacher. My DH and I already have 2 kids, 19 and 17.
DH had a vasectomy about 14 years ago, and unbeknowst to the other, neither of us wanted him to get it. Fast forward to April 2010, we both admitted that to one another (after a bottle or 2 of wine!), and in June of 2010 he had a vasectomy reversal. (I have the name of a fabulous doctor if anyone needs it!)
We have 3 dogs-a (rather chill) Jack Russell, a MinPin (our rescue), and a Chihuahua (who rules the roost!). We haven't really told anyone that we are TTC (just a small "circle of trust" as we call it), so this site has been a blessing for me!!!!!!!!!
Summer break is in 4 days and I seem to have lost my mind and agreed to teach summer school!!!! So my days of floating in the pool and reading will be cut in half, but you can't beat the money, right?!?
FX for all of us to get our BFP and have happy and healthy pregnancies!!!!
:dust::dust::dust:

You ladies sound lovely! I am jealous of all of you that cook; I love food and definitley love to eat, but I am sadly not the best cook in the world. It is so nice to hear about all of you; I know that sometimes I feel like I am defined by the TTC struggle, that I forget that it is only a small part of who I am; it shouldn't define me.

The accomplishments that you have all achieved are amazing- here's a big pat on the back from me to each of you! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face.

hello all

i am 38 and TTC #1. I live in north west england, on the edge of the peak district. I love the outdoors, and bike quite a lot. road and MTB, but i'm quite cautious on the MTB so don't be impressed or anything! I also run with our local club but very slowly. I have a partner of 5 years who is v keen to have a family. He works away on business trips quite a lot so when he's out i get onto BabyandBump! I've not told him about contributing to these forums... my other guilty pleasure is The Only Way is Essex!! Those is the UK will know this is a totally trash TV show, outrageously bad but really good too. I was born and brought up in Essex so i say its research!

no pets, but we half look after next door's cats. They don't get let in the house (mean owners) so we've built them a 'cat box' in our garden which is wood and insulated with high density foam etc, plus some beddings. They found it in a shot when we made it and have hardly got out of it since.

hello all

i am 38 and TTC #1. I live in north west england, on the edge of the peak district. I love the outdoors, and bike quite a lot. road and MTB, but i'm quite cautious on the MTB so don't be impressed or anything! I also run with our local club but very slowly. I have a partner of 5 years who is v keen to have a family. He works away on business trips quite a lot so when he's out i get onto BabyandBump! I've not told him about contributing to these forums... my other guilty pleasure is The Only Way is Essex!! Those is the UK will know this is a totally trash TV show, outrageously bad but really good too. I was born and brought up in Essex so i say its research!

no pets, but we half look after next door's cats. They don't get let in the house (mean owners) so we've built them a 'cat box' in our garden which is wood and insulated with high density foam etc, plus some beddings. They found it in a shot when we made it and have hardly got out of it since.

The only way is Essex? OMG! :dohh::haha::haha: Oh well I'm a 'Come Dine with Me Addict' - but don't tell anyone. :shhh:

I'm 42, and we're about to start TTC our second baby. Having made the decision, I need a couple of months of taking folic acid and low-dose aspirin (to regulate bloodflow) as preparation, so BD is a rarity just now!

I only met my OH (online!) a couple of years ago, and moved down from Scotland to Manchester in early 2009 - and fell pregnant immediately! Andrew was born at 29 weeks and very tiny (I'm a frequent poster in the Preemie threads) but is doing okay.

I have returned to work, been in my job for 9 months now. My OH is the full-time SAHD and he's having a ball! Seriously, he's really good at it, which means I can work without guilt just now. That said, I am looking forward to being on maternity leave if we TTC successfully, and perhaps after that he'll go back to work and let me stay at home!

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to any television show (although Shameless is based around here!); however, I am a bit of a FB / BnB / MSE addict!!!!

Afraid I don't watch either of those but spent many hours in Essex visiting friends in Colchester & Chelmsford.

But I was a huge fan of "One Born Every Minute" and now loving "The Hotel" and "Strangeways" but I adore the US dramas like House, CSIs and loving Blue Bloods and The Chicago Code on the Sky Atlantic channel :) I also love Mythbusters but maybe because it's nutters blowing things up a lot of the time :laugh2:

I think we all have guilty pleasures when it comes to TV :D

Marleysgirl - I also meet my other half via the internet but had less of a move (from the East Midlands to the West Midlands) :thumbup:

what a great thread - thanks you dachsundmom... i am new to this area having been in WTT/NTNP previously so this is ideal to hopefully get know everyone! :flower:

I am 36, live in the north of scotland and work in IT outsourcing... i have an 8yr old son - my sons father died when he was 2 and we've had some really tough years - but those tough times are behind us now....

i got married last august, in a wee church by loch ness & went to kenya on honeymooon - the best times!! we have one cat Roxy i'd have lots more if could persuade husband (he calls me mad cat lady as all the neighbourhood cats pop round to our garden to visit!) would love a dog too but oh not for persuading (yet:winkwink:)

i love some vino or a cheeky G&T when not ov/tww. i try to keep fit with running/hill walking and usually do a 50mile duathlon in summer. currently am obsessed with house md and have watched seasons back to back - now on season 7!

guilty pleasure? babynbump!!

looking forward to seeing all your bfps..
:dust:

I´m with you all on House, I just watched the last episode and had to fast forward all the gooey bits when he was operating on his own leg!

Oooooh, I meant to say. I was on telly last year!!! I'm the "older mum" from Cherry Has a Baby.

Well I am 43 and my younger man as he put it is 42 by six months. I have 4 children. Two from my previous who are 24 and 22. Both graduated college. My current husband and I have two children 6 and 3. My 6 year old is disabled and my 3 year old is wild!!! Love all my kids. Would like to have one last one for my yougest set of kids. Had 2 MC. One in Sept 10 and one week before Mother day. I am hopeful though! I live at the Beach in the USA...

Marleysgirl - I also meet my other half via the internet but had less of a move (from the East Midlands to the West Midlands) :thumbup:

we met on-line too and, wait for it, he moved from california to newcastle so we could be together!! :thumbup:
i'm 40 and recently got pregnant with #1, after 1 ectopic and 1mmc. have an early scan tomorrow, FXed this one will be ok!
i'm from Argentina, came to the UK in 1997 to study, and I now work as a researcher at the university. I love reading and writing and my dream is to be able to publish at least one of my children's stories.

i'm a cat person, my DH loves dogs. we have none atm, but are contemplating getting 'a couple' before the LO arrives - what are your thoughts??

we met on-line too and, wait for it, he moved from california to newcastle so we could be together!! :thumbup:
i'm 40 and recently got pregnant with #1, after 1 ectopic and 1mmc. have an early scan tomorrow, FXed this one will be ok!
i'm from Argentina, came to the UK in 1997 to study, and I now work as a researcher at the university. I love reading and writing and my dream is to be able to publish at least one of my children's stories.

i'm a cat person, my DH loves dogs. we have none atm, but are contemplating getting 'a couple' before the LO arrives - what are your thoughts??

I am just the opposite of you, a total dog girl! I so hope this is your month!!:hugs: I am of the opinion that getting pets while waiting for a LO is a great idea...I think they need time to settle into their surroundings and getting a little alone time with their parents is never a bad thing, lol. Training will also be easier when your hands are a little less full.

I am also a House fan and i just realized that Hugh Laurie is British, lol! So thank you for sending him this way, lol. I've never watched CSI, nor am I familiar with your "trashy" TV shows, but have any of you seen the Real Housewives series on Bravo? Totally addicted...I love me some Nene! Everyone needs their escape.

haven't heard of that but will defo look it up after i've run out of House :thumbup:

my hubbie watches sports all the darn time so i resort to catching up on tv online

ps sometimes i so wish i lived on the beach USA!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->