What exactly is a sweep

18NPregnant

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
im sneeking in from 2nd trimester, just curious

with my son i had a c section so i never experienced a sweep or nothing but what exactly is a sweep and what happens???

and what exactly is being induced, and what does it consist of???

the midwife will put her fingers in ur cervix and swish them around and pull out your mucus plug (if there is any left) and it is supposed to help stimulate labour to come on. i had one today and it isnt painful! (im 3 days overdue)

being induced well,
theres all diffrent types of ways to get induced and it is basically forcing you into labour.
the usual type of being induced is the hospital breaking your waters or they insert a special jelly into your cervix to start contractions :)

and by the way, they usually only induce you if you are overdue (my hospital wait untill you are 12 days overdue) OR there are complications so you need to be induced xxxx

oh i wasnt gonna asked to have it done i have just heard of many laies on here being induced when they are over due just thought i would see what it is exactly lol, good luck on your sweep and hope all goes well for you and baby will come soon fx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->